Radeon 9500PRO~!

EricET

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
I just bought a Radeon 9500PRO...but i have some problems about the setting.
I buy radeon 9500Pro because of RVS, before i was using Geforce4MX 440 (64DDR), and just having 1x fps in game, so i decided to buy a new display card Radeon 9500PRO (128DDR).
Unlucily, i am strongly disappointed. My FPS still remain 1x in game.So i use 3D Marks 2001 SE to test my score.Oh..holy [-peep-],my score just has 5364!What the hell is going on. i cant believe it.

So anyone can tell em what is the problem?
How to solve it?
Someone told me to enadble FSAA,but how?

My PC config:
P4 1.6ghz
512DDRam
Radeon 9500PRO (128DDR)
40g HD

sturm

Splendid
did u uninstall the old card before u installed the new one. You need to make sure windows is not loading any drivers for the old card.
When i install a new card that is replacing one i always uninstall it from the device manager, uninstall any drivers or programs and set the video to the default display.
I then shut down put in new card and reboot letting windows find the new card. Then install drivers and other software for the new card.

EricET

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
I already format my pc 2 times.
Also i have installed Catalyst 3.2 already.
But problem STILL exsists.
Ah~

selfbuilt

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
You haven't mentioned anything about the AGP drivers ... have you downloaded and installed the most recent ones for your motherboard chipset?

Without them, you won't be able to run at anything more than 1X AGP in windows (despite what you BIOS allows). It sounds like that could be your problem, since your 3DMark 2001 scores should be about twice that with your setup.

You can check to see what AGP speed you are currently running at in the ATI SmartGart tab under advanced display properties (fast writes are irrelevant, and best to leave off). But you need to have the motherboard AGP drivers installed first.

Where does good judgement come from? Experience. Where does experience come from? Bad judgement.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
what version of windows are you using?

what drivers? off teh CD? or from ATIs website?

have you removed teh Nvidia drivers from the registry?

what game are you using?

and yes, have you installed Agp drivers? very important

reply with this info and ill help yah :p