Radeon 9800 DDR 128 Pro, included dongles question

What dongles should be included (or at least are available) for a 9800 Pro?

Reason asking is, friend just got a Dell with this card in it and it came
with no cables of any sort for either the s-video or dvi connector.

Should I be telling him to bitch to Dell for some "dongle cables"?

tia

jad

your post prompted me to look and see what venders say about the
contents. They show a 'picture' of all cables and adapters along with
CD's and the card, however the 'package contents' says "VGA card and
Utilities" and nothing else. When I got my 9700 pro it had all cables,
it was a 'retail' purchase however. Dell may consider to be an OEM and
may not come with them. Seems a little cheesy, especially not getting
the DVI adapter.

"pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> What dongles should be included (or at least are available) for a
9800 Pro?

> Reason asking is, friend just got a Dell with this card in it and it
came
> with no cables of any sort for either the s-video or dvi connector.
>
> Should I be telling him to bitch to Dell for some "dongle cables"?
>
> tia

Yea, does seem to be that way.

I've written Dell myself asking about it, implying I'm shopping myself.

I'll also be advising my friend to get on the phone right away and demand
the cables as one of the reasons he bought the thing was to feed dvd's out
the tv-out to an old tv in his bedroom.

"JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> wrote in message
> your post prompted me to look and see what venders say about the
> contents. They show a 'picture' of all cables and adapters along with
> CD's and the card, however the 'package contents' says "VGA card and
> Utilities" and nothing else. When I got my 9700 pro it had all cables,
> it was a 'retail' purchase however. Dell may consider to be an OEM and
> may not come with them. Seems a little cheesy, especially not getting
> the DVI adapter.
>

> "pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> > What dongles should be included (or at least are available) for a
> 9800 Pro?
> >
> > Reason asking is, friend just got a Dell with this card in it and it
> came
> > with no cables of any sort for either the s-video or dvi connector.
> >
> > Should I be telling him to bitch to Dell for some "dongle cables"?
> >
> > tia

jlc

"pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> What dongles should be included (or at least are available) for a 9800
Pro?

> Reason asking is, friend just got a Dell with this card in it and it came
> with no cables of any sort for either the s-video or dvi connector.
>
> Should I be telling him to bitch to Dell for some "dongle cables"?
>
> tia

DUDE your frind got ripped! Sorry couldn't help it.

I have an OEM 9800Pro made by Sapphire and it came with a S-Video to
composite adapter, a nice long S-Video cable, and a DVI adapter. I would
tell your friend to call Dell and demand the cables!

blah

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> > What dongles should be included (or at least are available) for a 9800
> Pro?
> >
> > Reason asking is, friend just got a Dell with this card in it and it
came
> > with no cables of any sort for either the s-video or dvi connector.
> >
> > Should I be telling him to bitch to Dell for some "dongle cables"?
> >
> > tia
> >
> DUDE your frind got ripped! Sorry couldn't help it.
>
> I have an OEM 9800Pro made by Sapphire and it came with a S-Video to
> composite adapter, a nice long S-Video cable, and a DVI adapter. I would
> tell your friend to call Dell and demand the cables!

I suppose it depends how much cheaper it was overall (hard to tell since he
bought a package). I would rather not pay for cables I can buy at the local
electronics store or may already have, unless they are unique to the item I
am buying.

I suspect neither the s-video to composite nor the dvi to crt dongle cables
are carried at your local Radio Shack :)

pjp wrote:
> I suspect neither the s-video to composite nor the dvi to crt dongle
> cables are carried at your local Radio Shack :)

Don't know about Radio Shack as we don't have that over here (NZ) but all
the adapters and cables are available in town at Dick Smith Electronics. i
recently brought a 9800Pro second hand and picked up a DVI-CRT dongle on the
way home.

Ok, thanks least that's good to know.