Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb and win2k

i just got a new dimension 8300 and it has win xp home...i despise win
xp so i am gonna go with trusty ole win2k. dell tells me they dont
have drivers for an 8300 and win2k......ati wont help , so i appeal to
the general public to recommend a driver that will work with the
radeon vid card and win2k...TIA

Right on ATI's website are drivers for Windows 2000, they are the same
drivers as the Windows XP drivers.

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:45:23 GMT, dakine <jbirdie@yahoo.com> wrote:

>i just got a new dimension 8300 and it has win xp home...i despise win
>xp so i am gonna go with trusty ole win2k. dell tells me they dont
>have drivers for an 8300 and win2k......ati wont help , so i appeal to
>the general public to recommend a driver that will work with the
>radeon vid card and win2k...TIA

I just did the same thing (except my 8300 has the NVidia card). I
managed to find all of the drivers that I needed on the Internet. In
particular, you can find Win2K drivers for the ATI Radeon family at
www.ati.com. The drivers that I had to download were as follows:
1) Video (from NVidia); 2) Audio (SoundMax), 3) Intel Chipset for
8300; 4) Modem (BCM v.92 56K), and 5) NIC. Several of the drivers I
got from Dell's Support site; the rest came from the Web. Kept adding
drivers until all of the pesky exclamation points (!) went away. I
needed all five of these ...

Bob Schor

If you despise windows xp because of the GUI, I recommend you go back to the
"Classic" environment in Display preferences.

I doubt anyone has made 9800 drivers for Win2k if you can't find such
drivers in a search sweep of 'hack/crack' websites. But that's where they'd
be if they're around at all.

"dakine" <jbirdie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i just got a new dimension 8300 and it has win xp home...i despise win
> xp so i am gonna go with trusty ole win2k. dell tells me they dont
> have drivers for an 8300 and win2k......ati wont help , so i appeal to
> the general public to recommend a driver that will work with the
> radeon vid card and win2k...TIA

"dakine" <jbirdie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i just got a new dimension 8300 and it has win xp home...i despise win
> xp so i am gonna go with trusty ole win2k. dell tells me they dont
> have drivers for an 8300 and win2k......ati wont help , so i appeal to
> the general public to recommend a driver that will work with the
> radeon vid card and win2k...TIA

www.guru3d.com has never let me down yet

TRENDING THREADS