Radeon 9800 pro troubles

Skonch

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
I recently bought a Radeon 9800 pro (128) and everything worked fine for the first few days. I then began having very odd problems. While playing halo the screen will begin to have a little bit of garbled static then a few verticies in the weapon will spontaneosly fly away and lodge themsleves somwhere in the universe, it also seems to happen to some of the enemies aswell. Ive tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the card and updated the my motherboard bios but it always comes back. Im running a p4 1.6 Ghz on an Asus P4b266 with Windows XP pro. Does anybody have any suggestions?

The following sentance is true. The preceeding sentance is false.....whoa......<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Skonch on 01/05/04 10:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

KrazeIke

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
haha ... sorry, just trying to imagine what that would look like. Does it still draw triangles between the lodged and un-lodged vertices? Is there a triangle protruding from your gun to some random place in the level? I think you need to follow those triangles to the cave of the magic vertex-stealing beast and kill it, thereby liberating your captured vertices. By the way, the static is merely a techno smoke screen. If you look very carefully into the static, you might just catch a glimpse of the horrible beast making his escape.