Radeon All-In-Wonder

engine37

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
It's time to build a new desktop for my son. My challenge: he doesn't have space for a TV and monitor in his bedroom. He wants to be able to view cabletv, use his PC for homework and gaming, and use the monitor for his Playstation2 console (he uses component video cables). Question: Can the ATI All-in-Wonder handle all this? I was under the impression that it will. Any help would be much appreciated, including which card you'd recommend.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Yes.

AIW 9000 Cheep $130 not so great for gaming, but not too bad.
AIW 9600 Pro Mid Prices $220 better for gaming (Only card with true multi monitor capability)
AIW 9700 Pro $300 almost as good as a 9800 (lacks up to date shaders 9600 and 9800 have)
AIW 9800 Pro More Expensive $350 Best gamer, does not do multi-monitor (Can with DVI but darn expensive)

Buy retail cards as they come with all the cables and remotes necessary to run the card.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yep, the order of performance is:
AIW Radeon 7500
AIW Radeon 9000
AIW Radeon 8500DV
AIW Radeon 9600 Pro
AIW Radeon 9700
AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
then the 9800 versions.

These cards have cable, RCA Composite, and S-Video type video inputs. PS2 should be fine using the composite video and audio. Heck, if he looked around hard enough he could find one of those illegal PS2 emulators and play his PS2 games directly from the PC!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>