[SOLVED] Radeon "extended displays" remain active even with monitors off ?

LrsLex

Honorable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi!

A very annoying "feature" has cropped up after switching from an Nvidia GPU to an AMD Radeon.

I have 2 extended displays in addition to my main monitor that with nVidia used to disable when turned off. Radeon seems to keep them active even when the two monitors are off. So programs will sometimes start in the turned-off displays and mouse cursor continues its travel off to the dead real estate as well. I'm guessing there's an obvious solution to this, just can't find it by googling. Thanks in advance for help.

Solution
Use "WIN" (Windows Key) + "P" to open the "PROJECT" menu and select the desired/required display setup:

PC screen only

Duplicate

Extend

Second screen only.

= = = =

Also right-clicking an open area of the desktop should reveal a menu with a menu choice for Radeon Control Panel.

Check the Radeon Control Panel for additional display options and configuration settings.

Ralston18

Titan
Use "WIN" (Windows Key) + "P" to open the "PROJECT" menu and select the desired/required display setup:

PC screen only

Duplicate

Extend

Second screen only.

= = = =

Also right-clicking an open area of the desktop should reveal a menu with a menu choice for Radeon Control Panel.

Check the Radeon Control Panel for additional display options and configuration settings.

Reactions: LrsLex
Solution

LrsLex

Honorable
Nov 17, 2016

PC screen only

Duplicate

Extend

Second screen only.

= = = =

Thank you!

Couldn't find any such options in the AMD Software, but the WIN+P did the trick. Chose 'extend' and after that it works just by turning off the second monitor. Some Windows genius, I guess. 🆒
Thanks again!