Radeon GFX-c VS GFX-c

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102909&cm_re=6870-_-14-102-909-_-Product
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150506&cm_re=6870-_-14-150-506-_-Product
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSI R6870-2PM2D1GD5 Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127530&cm_re=6870-_-14-127-530-_-Product
I just don't know what to buy I'm looking at brand and then I'm seeing what i get in the box and its confusing me on choosing the one to get.

- Are these 3 cards the same?
- Which has best performance / fps gain?
- What's the difference besides price? <-------------------

Which one is suggested thanks.

"In the process of Learning about PC hardware"

Yes, all of the cards have the same graphics chip and are at stock clock speed.

So, the difference will be in the warranty, the bundled goodies, and the quality of the heatsink & fan.

XFX has the best warranty (lifetime), Sapphire includes the most goodies, you'll have to look up individual reviews to determine which has the best heatsink & fan (keeping it cool and loudness).

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
all the other cards have the same specs though right? i rather buy best of the best for the 6870 series, i just don't know what to buy I'm looking at brand and then I'm seeing what i get in the box and its confusing me on choosing the one to get.

At this time, all cards are using the AMD reference design for cooling. All have the same specs.... all will perform the same.

So it comes down to this:

What kind of warranty do you want?
What do you want the card to look like? (Subjective, like asking if you want a blue car or a red car... what do you prefer?)

Like I said, XFX will get you the best warranty, but you'll pay a little extra $$$ for it. All of the HD6870 cards will perform the same.

Brand preference will depend on personal experience. I've bought Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte, and PNY video cards. I've never had a single problem with any of them. So which is better? All of them... and none of them. Usually it comes down to who is on sale when buying.

notsonoobPCguy

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
I would actually wait a couple weeks to buy, till they get the problemos figured out. Dunno i just never buy something when it first comes out, usually it has some faults. Like rwpritchettt said all the cards are the same just design and warranties are different. I bought the ugliest PowerColor 1gb 5770 i could find, but it saved me 15 bucks. And because i OCed it its more in between 5770 and 5830 now

TRENDING THREADS