Question Radeon Hd 5450

Feb 20, 2019
Hi new to group, was wondering I own a zoostorm pc with Intel intergrated graphics 1tb hard 12gb ddr3 ram windows 10 home,mother board nm70-m,I want to put a graphics card in been told I can use any card I like but when I do scan of my pc I'm told i can only use hd 5450 or gtx 560 ti any help guys please?

Last edited:
Where did the graphics card recommendation come from this scan?

Prebuilt PCs tend to carry a risk of locking out upgrades. It's a possibility to be aware of. Physically the motherboard will accept any modern graphics card, and with an appropriate power supply there should be no physical difficulties.

Whether the BIOS allows it is the unknown factor. I would suggest googling the PC model (not the motherboard) and the graphics card you want to use to see if anyone else has made a successful upgrade for ease of mind.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...ard/NM70-M -LL-V1-DO-0-RR-/Intel CPU on Board
That is a link to your motherboard and it says you got a x16 pci 2.0 slot
The theory is you can put anything in it, but nothing too powerful because we would need to know what your PSU is.
Personally though, you should be quite safe with something like a Nvidia 1050 as it gets the power from the motherboard and not external psu.
But you MUST check your PSU model/rating

Feb 20, 2019
Where did the graphics card recommendation come from this scan?

Prebuilt PCs tend to carry a risk of locking out upgrades. It's a possibility to be aware of. Physically the motherboard will accept any modern graphics card, and with an appropriate power supply there should be no physical difficulties.

Whether the BIOS allows it is the unknown factor. I would suggest googling the PC model (not the motherboard) and the graphics card you want to use to see if anyone else has made a successful upgrade for ease of mind.
Hi I got the info from a site called userbenchmark tells me what processor,graphics card and hard drive upgrades I go to with the nm70 motherboard I'm using!

Yes, Userbenchmark would be one way of determining possible safe upgrades (hardware combinations from actual users). Problem is those are quite old graphics cards now, so availability is the issue.

The one caveat to this is whether there's anything proprietary about the motherboard. For example, an old prebuilt PC I had used a Foxconn motherboard which had a retail model (apparently). Except mine had several connectors removed from the standard retail model. This is anecdotal, of course.

Feb 20, 2019
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_SPEC/EN/Motherboard/NM70-M -LL-V1-DO-0-RR-/Intel CPU on Board
That is a link to your motherboard and it says you got a x16 pci 2.0 slot
The theory is you can put anything in it, but nothing too powerful because we would need to know what your PSU is.
Personally though, you should be quite safe with something like a Nvidia 1050 as it gets the power from the motherboard and not external psu.
But you MUST check your PSU model/rating
sorry late reply my power supply is 250watts not that powerful but does the job thanks for the help hopefully will get that nvidia one.

It's something to be wary of. If the system tries to draw more power than can be supplied by the power supply.... that's not a good combination. I would also guess it's the original power supply as well, which means it's getting fairly old.

A good, and technically underspec, power supply might be able to mitigate the difference and be fine. Some people have ran graphics cards like the GTX 750 ti on reasonably low wattage power supplies (like the ones included in prebuilt systems).