[SOLVED] Radeon HD 5570 or Intel UHD 630 iGPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2023
Should I keep using my Radeon HD 5570 or switch to my CPU’s (i5-9400) Intel UHD 630?

Is it gonna perform any better than the 5570?

Mar 20, 2023
Alright, I installed it and most of my games are suffering from performance regressions. Minecraft has taken almost a 100FPS hit. Only game that has improved a tiny bit is CSGO.

Do yourself a favour, don't EVER look at LoserBenchmark for accurate numbers. The "information" that they give is about as credible as what you would get from Alex Jones. They are biased to the point that it's completely ridiculous and are so anti-AMD that I wonder if Lisa Su killed the site owner's mother. It's far more likely that they're paid by Intel and nVidia.

According to them, every reviewer who has ever shown an AMD part outperforming an Intel or nVidia part is paid by AMD and is lying. This includes very reputable sites like Tom's Hardware, Techspot, Gamers Nexus, Guru3D and TechPowerUp.

Now, you are correct that the UHD 630 is superior to the HD 5570 but not because LoserBenchmark says so and you completely wreck your credibility by saying that you got your information there. Nobody who has any clue about tech even considers looking at LoserBenchmark for information.

If you want quick and somewhat accurate numbers, you're far better off using Passmark. For CPUs, the website is cpubenchmark.net and for GPUs, the site is videobenchmark.net. You can also download their benchmarking software for your own PC.

Even then though, quick numbers are only good in cases like this where the two parts involved are a complete mismatch. If you were to compare two parts that are similar in performance and era, you'd have to look at actual reviews to get an accurate picture of things because there are too many variables.

Just never, ever use LoserBenchmark because not only do you give bad information to people (and make a laughing stock of yourself in the process), you'll end up screwing yourself by making a bad purchase based on their "recommendations".

Reactions: Order 66

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
looks like you have an axe to grind against them. Well, look.. I don't work for userbenchmark, so there's no need for the insults and hostility. I do remember hearing from a friend in a gaming discord that userbench does not like AMD for some reason. From what I observe, most of the negative comments they give are for newer high end AMD cards. For older AMD cards, for example.. the 5570 that the OP here is using, looks like a fair review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS