[SOLVED] radeon Hd 5700 graphic card up date

Sep 28, 2020
i like to up date my radeon HD 5700 card ; I am running my pc in a Thermaltake vl9000 series tower with 625 power; and a Crosshair formula motherboard with AMD Phenom II X4 965 with *GB DDR3 ; windows 7 64 bit system what would bea good upgrade to play the latest games and do photo applications; i also have a HP 2210 series lcd monitor

Solution
The first thing we need to know is what the EXACT model of your power supply is, because if you have a 625w power supply then it is VERY old. All of the units I know of that are based on 625w platforms are extremely old and should not be used with any new graphics card you might install. That means the budget is going to need to include a new PSU as well most likely. If that unit is more than five years old, and I'm quite sure it is, there is no way anybody could recommend continuing to use it.

Also, I can't seem to find anything on the Thermaltake vl9000, can you link to it's product page or provide the correct model number? It might also just be so old that there is nothing out there on it anymore.

What kind of budget are you...
The first thing we need to know is what the EXACT model of your power supply is, because if you have a 625w power supply then it is VERY old. All of the units I know of that are based on 625w platforms are extremely old and should not be used with any new graphics card you might install. That means the budget is going to need to include a new PSU as well most likely. If that unit is more than five years old, and I'm quite sure it is, there is no way anybody could recommend continuing to use it.

Also, I can't seem to find anything on the Thermaltake vl9000, can you link to it's product page or provide the correct model number? It might also just be so old that there is nothing out there on it anymore.

What kind of budget are you wanting to work with for a graphics card and power supply?

Solution