Radeon HD 6570 problems (Bottleneck?)

kobacc

Prominent
Feb 23, 2018
So i have a "Classic" "Display driver AMD driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered" problem,unless it doesn't recover,and a TDR delay isnt fixing it,i tried numerous fixes,none worked so i thought it might be a bottleneck since my CPU is on 100% usage and GPU is up to 50% and i had a lot of BSOD and it said
So my hardware is(PC is old):
Asus p5g41t-m lx Mobo
Intel Celeron E3400 2.6 GHz (2 core)
AMD Radeon HD 6570 2GB
Philips 222EL (1920x1080@60Hz)
232GB Western Digital WDC 7200RPM
2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 422MHz (i know its bad)
Frontier ATX 500W
All my hardware works under 35C,is that a problem,i overclocked the CPU in BIOS for 5% and it didnt fix anything,i tried MSI Kombustor (idk why) and my CPU went to 55C but GPU went max 37C with 41% usage,is that a bottleneck,maybe RAM is the problem?Any fixes?

Solution

Or do what I recommended and get a used dell that has a second gen i5 or up. Those retail for about 120$ for the i5 2400 models but the better 3470's are 20$ more expensive. For 150 you can easily get a 3470 + 8gb of ram. That will about equal the g4560 and be under half the cost of an upgrade to a already dead platform.

If you do go new get an amd ryzen apu. They are quite cheap...

Wouldn't be suprised if the psu is failing since it's such a bad unit. You are also being bottlenecked. Instead of just replacing the psu you should look for a dell prebuilt with an i3 in it. Since the 6570 is a alow power card it will work even on their stock psu's.

IHateSmurfs

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Don't buy a new PC. Atleast if you don't play heavy games and that GPU is enough for you, just get new RAM, MOBO, CPU and a better PSU. My budget recommendation is a SeaSonic S12II 520W. A Pentium G4560 is enough for that GPU and they are quite cheap. 8GB DDR4 is not that cheap ATM but you can maybe get a dual channel kit for 90 bucks. Hope I helped.

Or do what I recommended and get a used dell that has a second gen i5 or up. Those retail for about 120$ for the i5 2400 models but the better 3470's are 20$ more expensive. For 150 you can easily get a 3470 + 8gb of ram. That will about equal the g4560 and be under half the cost of an upgrade to a already dead platform.

If you do go new get an amd ryzen apu. They are quite cheap, have a better gpu than what you have in them and are on a platform with many option already there and yet to come.

If you want to upgrade your current pc then my advice woul be to not do so since even the best cpu on it is no longer good enough for games this day and age.

Solution