[SOLVED] Radeon HD 7770 suddenly not being detected

bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
Hello

A couple of days ago I started up my PC and there was no signal on the monitor. I tried cleaning it, switching HDMI cable; it did not help. Then I plugged in my VGA in the mobo and monitor so I can use the integrated gpu from i3-8100 ( Intel(R) UHD Grahpics 630 ).
It started working. I went into Device manager and under Display Adapters I saw only iGPU. After that I tried cleaning all radeon drivers and installing new. But it keeps saying Error 173 - Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as No AMD Graphics Hardware Has Been Detected in Your System Configuration. I took the GPU and tried it on my friends setup, it worked fine. And I tried my friend's GPU in my setup and it also worked fine. Checked in bios if the gpu is set correctly, it was. I don't know what else can I do. If you have and ideas pls help. Thank you a lot. And Happy New Year :D

Processor: Intel i3-8100
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770
Mobo: AsRock h310cm-dvs

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I misread and I thought you tried your friend's GPU in your system. In that case, what is the make and model of your PSU?

You can also try DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your drivers.

Wait, it's this one?
https://www.winwin.rs/napajanje-600w-falcon-flc-600l-6812380.html

If the answer is yes, it's horribly bad PSU that can deliver 240w in the 12v rails which is what powers your system. I am also guessing since they lied about the wattage, the quality would be terrible as well. It should not power ANY gaming rig. You should change it ASAP.

You need to swap that PSU and do a CMOS reset and hope for the best.

bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
Wait, it's this one?
https://www.winwin.rs/napajanje-600w-falcon-flc-600l-6812380.html

If the answer is yes, it's horribly bad PSU that can deliver 240w in the 12v rails which is what powers your system. I am also guessing since they lied about the wattage, the quality would be terrible as well. It should not power ANY gaming rig. You should change it ASAP.

You need to swap that PSU and do a CMOS reset and hope for the best.
Yeah, it is that one. But I bought it two years ago, and it is working alright. I tried my friend's psu I think it is some seasonic 600w, and it did not fix the problem

When you bought it has nothing to do with what it can do and if it works "alright". You have been using a PSU that delivers "dirty" power to the system, you risk components and you may even start a fire if it's pushed harder. Those kind of PSUs, lack protections and when they fail, they tend to take other hardware with them..

A PSU is the heart of the system. Having a bad one can cause instabilities, underperforming hardware, damaged hardware and fire as I mentioned above. You are advised to swap it ASAP.

If you keep using it, you risk each and every second your system is powered on.

bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
When you bought it has nothing to do with what it can do and if it works "alright". You have been using a PSU that delivers "dirty" power to the system, you risk components and you may even start a fire if it's pushed harder. Those kind of PSUs, lack protections and when they fail, they tend to take other hardware with them..

A PSU is the heart of the system. Having a bad one can cause instabilities, underperforming hardware, damaged hardware and fire as I mentioned above. You are advised to swap it ASAP.

If you keep using it, you risk each and every second your system is powered on.
Do you have any suggestions what PSU should I buy.

Recommendations can be found in the first post of this thread:

Tier list of PSUs here:
Tier list

Pick something from tier B and above. If you are on a very tight budget then it's ok from tier C. I wouldn't go lower than that though.