Radeon HD 7990 Pictured in CrossFireX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
When are they coming out? I am in a dilemma as to either get my Titan back or do a 680s SLI or wait and see how this performs. I just want the reviews and the official pricing on this asap. Thanks Tom's!

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
One side of me is like "Ooooooo sooo purdy," but then the other side of me smacks the first side in the head as I realize there is really no purpose spend that much money to have dual HD 7990.

Still cool though.

I was about to be amazed that they put the fan upside down so I can see it... Then I realized the case/mobo was the one upside down... Yay, now we get to only see PCB or a backplate again... Why have these "gangsta" looking designs if you can only see when you put it in?

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I wish they would stop releasing pictures and just release the actual card already, I have been holding off on a new card until this comes out. My 7870 crossfire setup isn't cutting it at 2560x1600.

Even with Radeon Pro your still limiting yourself to your screens refresh rate. So if you had a single monitor it would be a waste anyway it would scream past 60 frames let alone 120 frames in just about everything. And then in a multi monitor situation you will more then likely run into something very similar 2 GPU's suffer enough stuttering and frame timing issues let alone throwing in a 4th gpu into the mix. Great for benchmarks unpractical for everything else and that goes for dual 690's as well or 3-4 titans.

Even with Radeon Pro your still limiting yourself to your screens refresh rate. So if you had a single monitor it would be a waste anyway it would scream past 60 frames let alone 120 frames in just about everything. And then in a multi monitor situation you will more then likely run into something very similar 2 GPU's suffer enough stuttering and frame timing issues let alone throwing in a 4th gpu into the mix. Great for benchmarks unpractical for everything else and that goes for dual 690's as well or 3-4 titans.

Sweet, these cards should either match or beat titan.. I think the reason AMD has waited so long to release them is because they wanted to lower power usage and also so they could perfect the drivers and overcome the micro stuttering issues. It is better to wait and do something right than to do it early and half @$$ it.. Hopefully the competition between AMD and Nvidia will lower the price on Titans, Titian LE (not yet released), 680s, 7990s (unoffical models have been released but not AMD official models), and 7970s (either GHZ or regular). The real winner will be the consumers, us!!

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
If a 7970 is only around $400 then why is this more than double?? It isn't going to be a powerful at two 7970's. It should be priced $699 at best!

The form factor is a single card, true its two cut down 7970s but still, its one card, if someone needed four 7970s in the space of two slots (4 brackets) or even just needed the performance of two 7970s and only had one slot I doubt they are going to care much about an extra 200 bucks.

Its a niche product for sure, just like the titan but not as niche. Same concept though, kinda.

schietdammer

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
errr 3072 x 1620 , i googled it , i only get cameras with that resolution so it was filmed with that resolution , i want to know at what resolution de demo was played

schietdammer

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
errr 3072 x 1620 , i googled it , i only get cameras with that resolution so it was filmed with that resolution , i want to know at what resolution the demo was played

Quote:

"The results shouldn't surprise you, and it won't surprise AMD any more either - if released today, the HD 7990 would not perform well in our tests. AMD has told me that they are working on an option to meter frames in the way that NVIDIA is doing it, but offering users the options to enable or disable it, but we are months away from that fix. Until then, any dual-GPU Radeon HD 7000-series cards are going to show these problems represented as runts and dropped frames."

"In all honesty, when AMD told me they were planning this card release I recommended they hold off until its driver fix is in place - myself and other reviewers are going to be hitting them hard on these issues until then, and any dual-GPU option with the Radeon name is going struggle to live up to any placed expectations."
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-GeForce-GTX-Titan-GeForce-GTX-690-Radeon-HD-7990-HD-7970-Cross-6

schietdammer

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
errr 3072 x 1620 , i googled it , i only get cameras with that resolution so it was filmed with that resolution , i want to know at what resolution the demo was played

Status
Not open for further replies.