Radeon HD 8670d (Integrated graphics card) latest drivers?

jen_gia

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hello everyone, so I have an APU A10-6800k processor and it has hd 8670d integrated graphics.
So, I recently bought fifa 18 and it runs pretty smoothly but when I try to play "The Journey" it gives me this error https://imgur.com/a/sHArl which I figured my drivers is the root of my problem. The thing is when I try to update them, it says that I have the latest version already, which is: https://imgur.com/a/vkmUn. Is that truly the case? 'cause I found another version and installed it but then Catalyst Control Center wouldn't recognize my gpu. If anyone has the same apu or any knowledge about it and if there's a way to update them or it's not supported anymore and that's the latest version up to this day please tell me 'cause this thing it's driving me nuts!

Thank you :)

Solution
The AMD HD 8670 GPU is an old video card that won't benefit any longer with the latest drivers. For older video cards it's best to keep a set of drivers both old and new to keep and test which ones work best for each particular game. The newest drivers actually may disable the ability to play older game titles.

Unfortunately, the best solution I could give is to crossfire that GPU with another video card in the AMD line up where you have two choices where you are gambling as to whether your old video card will help the situation or won't help at all.

The first suggestion is to buy an entry level AMD card that costs in the 100 to 130 dollar range like the AMD RX 560. The new card will rate 4730 and the 8670D will rate 800. If you can...

fturla

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
The AMD HD 8670 GPU is an old video card that won't benefit any longer with the latest drivers. For older video cards it's best to keep a set of drivers both old and new to keep and test which ones work best for each particular game. The newest drivers actually may disable the ability to play older game titles.

Unfortunately, the best solution I could give is to crossfire that GPU with another video card in the AMD line up where you have two choices where you are gambling as to whether your old video card will help the situation or won't help at all.

The first suggestion is to buy an entry level AMD card that costs in the 100 to 130 dollar range like the AMD RX 560. The new card will rate 4730 and the 8670D will rate 800. If you can crossfire them the rating may increase or not but the overall result is that you will be able to play any and all the games you want because the new video card is the latest offering for budget builds.

The second option is for you to buy an older video card as well to crossfire with the 8670D such as the AMD HD 770 which may cost somewhere in the 50 dollar neighborhood or less and hope that the combination gives you an overall rating higher than 800. Actually the tested rating would end up to be 1892.

The success of crossfire is the gamble. If it works, the performance boost can be very good and much better than the card you newly installed. At the low end you get only a 10% performance boost and at the high end you get an 80% jump.

Performance problems can often be caused by other aspects of a computer system you did not account for such as the cpu bottlenecking performance which happens often with older games or 'simple' games. The sound system or audio programs in your hardware may make the games stutter so it may be advisable to reset them or turn them off and on to check.

Solution