Radeon Pictures... same card diff pics

G

I am going to be buying an ATI Radeon 32MB DDR really soon. I mean, it has excellent price and is one of the top performers (at 32bit). Can someone check these two pics out and tell me what the difference is? Both are 88 dollars, but one has free shipping, other is 10...

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=14-102-165-01.JPG,14-102-165-02.JPG

looks like it is missing something, and doesnt have a fan

http://www.ati.com/na/pages/products/pc/radeon32_ddr/index.html

this one looks like it has the fan and everything else.. but you know, I'd save 10 dollars on shipping if I could :)

#Ranked <font color=blue>6 in US</font color=blue> 2v2 Cstrike# -Feb 7 OGL Ladder (well, it's one of the largest ladders)

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know WHAT that thing is... but I'd be cautious if I were you...
first of all, I haven't seen a passive Heatsink radeon yet... that's crazy! If you want to put a BIGGER fan than regular one, that's fine, but taking a fan off... that's not worth the 10$...

second, pay more attention, and notice that where some elements are located on the ATI website picture, the other picture only has solder points -- in other words its lacking stuff. What they are, don't know... but even the LE variant (the cheapest Radeon available) seems to have them according to pictures...

---10 min later---
ok, I'm in good mood so I checked the ATI site -- btw, something that you should've been able to do yourself...:p

one of the things it seems to be missing is the Rage Theatre chip -- the one used for DVD decoding etc... again, even the LE version of Radeon has that...
plus other stuff...
stay clear of the funny one is my only recommendation

G

Thanks for your opinion, I just needed to be told I wasn't going crazy. Yes, I realized there were pieces missing, so I knew something wasn't right, but since I'm ignorant I needed to ask for advice. Thanks...

#Ranked <font color=blue>6 in US</font color=blue> 2v2 Cstrike# -Feb 7 OGL Ladder (well, it's one of the largest ladders)

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Rage Theater chip has nothing to do with DVD decoding. DVD decoding is done in the Radeon chip itself. Just wanted to clarify this for everyone. The LE radeons will play DVD movies just as good as any other Radeon board to the monitor. It just doesn't have video out or video in to play around with.