Question Radeon R5 m330 crash after driver install

Jun 9, 2021
Hello,

after a clean install of Win7 x64 on i5 7200 U Processor I downloaded AMD 21.4.1 and 21.5.2 drivers for Radeon R5 M330 .
Installation went well, but afterwords I received an error stating: Host Service malfunction. AMDRSServ.exe System Failure.
Upgraded to 21.5.2 afterwords, but the same issue.

Would be thankful for possible solutions.

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

clean install of Win7 x64 on i5 7200 U
The first issue is running Windows 7 on that laptop. The second is that you're going to have to manually install relevant chipset drivers for the laptop before you get to the GPU drivers. You're advised to be on Windows 8 or above. Where did you source the installer for the OS? Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?

Jun 9, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

clean install of Win7 x64 on i5 7200 U
The first issue is running Windows 7 on that laptop. The second is that you're going to have to manually install relevant chipset drivers for the laptop before you get to the GPU drivers. You're advised to be on Windows 8 or above. Where did you source the installer for the OS? Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?

Thanks for a warm welcome!
Windows 7 on Kaby Lake - yeah I know. But I pretty much love this system, is more convinient for my usage.
All the Chipset Drivers should be already installed, except Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver and Intel Management Engine Interface - couldn`t find them.
The installer for the OS was sourced from one known German website. Have no doubts that it wasnt modified.
15-ay167ng - is the HPs laptop model. Serial: cnd70221gs

Last edited: