Question Radeon R9 270X core clock stuck on 450mhz ?

Nov 27, 2021
I have bought this Radeon R9 270x and its core clock is stuck at 450 mhz even though I have changed it in msi and amd software it goes for 2 or 3 seconds to 1050 and temperature goes to 101c and then core clock falls to 450 mhz. please someone help me solve this problem.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing a link to the GPU you own? Is there any way for your to determine that the card wasn't used for mining? Might want to also share the rest of your specs of your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

BIOS version for your motherboard? What GPU were you working with prior to dropping in the R9 270x into your platform?

Nov 27, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Mind sharing a link to the GPU you own? Is there any way for your to determine that the card wasn't used for mining? Might want to also share the rest of your specs of your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

BIOS version for your motherboard? What GPU were you working with prior to dropping in the R9 270x into your platform?

Nov 27, 2021
Thanks for your response man card is working fine after changing thermal paste but man now i have another issue i want to throw my pc in scrap the problem is i was using pc in idle i touched its casing i felt a little current and then pc powered off automatically and now is not starting at all ihave 8gb ddr3 ram
I3 3220
128sdd
256 hdd
H61 mobo
R9 270x
Psu xigmatek 600 watt i think psu was the reason
Help me man deal with this problem i am really frustrated

Lutfij

Titan
The issue might be two fold;
one, you have a grounding issue
two, you likely have a PSU that shouldn't be called a PSU to begin with.

What is the model of the PSU you own and what is the age of said unit? Xigmatek is the brand while 600W is the advertised wattage. Same story with your SSD, HDD and motherboard, you just listed them generically.