Radeon r9 280x graphics cards causing monitor 1 to freak out badly

AtlasUnlimited

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
I recently got my hands on 2 radeon 280x graphics cards and set them up to crossfire. Most of the time i play all my videos on my second monitor but when I attempt to play even youtube on my first monitor, it freaks out and if it does ever stop the screen looks like it is all messed up.
messagingtemp1426320306.jpg

If it let it sit long enough I get a picture back but then the monitor has lines across it like this
DSC_0012.jpg

The only way I can fix it, is by restarted my whole pc.
They are both connected to the top video card and both are set to 60 hz and 1920x1080 resolution.
Is this a problem with 1 or both of my video cards or is there some setting that i can adjust.

AtlasUnlimited

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
After swapping the monitor cords around the same issue occurs but on the other monitor. Could that mean it is the slot im connecting the monitor to? I did a driver update not to long ago and just checked again all the drivers I can think to find are all up to date.

AtlasUnlimited

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
so some additional things i have done so far, I removed one of the cards and just used a single one. I swapped the slot that it was connected to and each time the glitch still occurs. I switched the top monitor to bottom and visa versa and the problem still persists. I was using these same monitors with a different computer and I never had the issue then. Only at about the start of the month when I got the new computer the issue has happened.