Radeon R9, R7 to Prompt Nvidia Price Cuts and New Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

They don't release for a little while yet, they have time.

emad_ramlawi

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I see that Nvidia reacted to AMD GPU 14 tech announcement in Hawaii , its shame to see Toms Hardware not react acting and didn't covert AMD GPU 14.

You were the best Tom, but now your just overrated and bloated

Anadtech + fudzilla + VR-zone + xbitlabs + wccftech

both of the above have there own technique of course, but i believe all of them surpassed you, its not just about AMD GPU 14, that was just the tip of the iceberg, the lack of subjective opinions and complicated benchmarks + bench scores, than can sway either way, i just had enough.

The only good remaining thing, is the helpful community in Tom Hardware Forum, and without them your lost, so please start to respect those people more, instead of respecting pay rolls from Intel or Nvidia.

However this my opinion, hope you can respect it and dont delete my comment.

geok1ng

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
"If all of this comes to fruition, our next installment of Best Graphics Cards for the Money could be very interesting indeed."

I would not set hopes so high Jane. TH has been a green site since AMD released the frame pacer driver back in august, and unless AMD outbids NVIDIA in bribery here, the stream of biased articles will continue:
-After FCATs test showed that AMD was just as good as NVIDIA in framepacing, TH went back to subjective evaluations, and did the extra mile to include in the " scientific test" Metro LL, even knowing that there is a "bug" capping AMD frames on that TWIMTBP title.
-Best cards for money insists in recommending GTX 760, refusing to acknowledge that 7950 is faster AND cheaper.
-All assorted multi-GPU recommended on that article are NVIDIA, when for single monitor gaming nothing beats price and performance on AMD side.
-The last system build marathon was a bad green joke, with 3 NVIDIA overpriced and slow as molasses builds: a slow and expensive GTX 760 in place of a cheaper and faster 7950, a ridiculously overpriced GTX 770 in place of CF 7950 and finally a triple GTX 760 build that doubles as a room heater.
-But all that bias was not enough and TH released an article on how the design team at NVIDIA came out if the 690 and Titan.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
This makes me wonder just how good the new AMD gpus might be. Nivida must know something we dont otherwise I just dont remember them being the proactive for an AMD release in the past.

SO someone cannot find the GPU design to be amazing? The latest GPU cooler from NVidia is very nice. It cools very well and does look very nice. Not my style but its not bad.

I looked at some benchmarks and 7950 vx 760, its really a tie. One wins some, the other wins others and they tie some. Neither seem to be able to truly beat the other all the time and it depends on the game.

Trust me, I like Radeon. Have since my 9700Pro. But they are not always the best GPU. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. The GTX780/Titan were good designs by NVidia. Now Hawaii will probably be a better design for a bit.

I prefer it goes that way so we see more innovation and cheaper prices.

And if you feel that way about THG, then why not keep the comments to yourself and leave? Would make things much easier.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Wasn't not last year or whatnot when this site was recommending AMD all over the place? I'm pretty sure all the NVIDIA fanboys were raging.

Fanboys will be fanboys I guess.

How about rebranding the GTX 650Ti as the GTX 750 ?
And GTX 660 as the GTX 750Ti ?
And the GTX 670 as the GTX 760Ti ?

Well , if something new's gonna come , it better be not rebranded or AMD will get a huge upper hand and dominate everything or break the nViDia roadmap...................

If AMD does price these new GPUs right , bags the big name franchises ( BattleField , Call Of Duty etc ) and offers something fancy like a free game ( no need to go above 3 unless cost is 400$ which will be the 290X , 209 and 280X's case only. ) Surely AMD won't like to end up with game combo , which convinced gamers to buy their GPUs again.
This has even opened the doors for the HD 7000 series owners like me , who can now take home a second GPU and XFire at a reasonable cost.
HD 7950 XFire On the way :)

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
What Nvidia will do is release a titan Ti or XT or some crap addon name extension and just overclock the thing a couple hundred mhz and boost the fan duty cycle from 51 to 75% so their new $1000 card will beat the hawaii. Dont kid yourself thinking nvidia is going to give you what you want at a price that's reasonable.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
lol....i wished these companies would concentrate on making video cards a little more power efficient....take a look at how much the CPU has evolved in just 10 years

Zijn

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
This is all healthy and glad to hear it. I really hope that AMD undercuts NV because I (being a NV fanboy) cant stand the fact that these cards now are £1000. Yes i understand about what goes into them n what they are capable of, but whats next? £1200? £1500? for a single card? I woudlnt event put it past them, as they know that people WILL pay that money. Even for two and three for SLI.

Ive been really considering to jump to the red team, not because of hate for NV but because I'm a simple consumer. Having loyalties to a brand means nothing and i need something with a big frame buffer goddamnit!!

Bring out more cards with higher ram!

I really hope that this R9-290X is as powerful as it seems like it will be. ATi really needs to get market share back from nVidia if only to bolster AMD's CPU side. I hope this for all our sakes because it's not nVidia standing in the way of total Intel supremacy, it's AMD. I think nVidia also knows this but they're in a bind because there's nothing they can do to help a direct competitor. If AMD falls, it will be a dark day indeed as Intel will rape us daily with little to no innovation and really high CPU prices. Stagnation is the enemy and AMD is our only champion against it. With luck, they will survive, bolstered by their second-to-none graphics division which I will refer to as ATi until my dying day.

G

NV is in a good spot regardless. Like Zijn said, they know ignorant fanboys will pay the $1,000+ for their cards. I'm surprised they haven't released a Titan Ultra 790 Mega PhysX that finds a way to SLI with Haswell's integrated graphics. God knows they'd make a killing with the way these people praise the almighty NVIDIA.

Colt Nrg

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I use a AMD cpu FX6300 overcloced to 4.0 GHz ,i love it i have always used AMD cpu's from the AMD K6-2 up to my new Vishera black FX6300 ,have tried some intell ,i use them fore Virus testing lol that is all they are good for, and the new ones are way to expensive for me to even look at ,,,as fore my GPU NVIDA all the way my first one was a GeForce2 MX ,up to my 650 Ti Boost ,that i very over clock up to 980 MHz fore the graphics clock and the memory clock up to 6008 MHz So AMD fore cpu and nvida for Gpu my win 7 rating is 7.9 all the way i get 180 FPS on black ops 2 going sli nest week so i will be over 200 FPS i got the Fx 6300 fore $130 and the 650 Ti Boost for $175 if i where to use the high end intell i would be looking at around $1000 ,,,so the heck with all this and that i am very fast fore very pore budget mm=)

and for Amd what ever the same

Colt Nrg

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I use a AMD cpu FX6300 overcloced to 4.0 GHz ,i love it i have always used AMD cpu's from the AMD K6-2 up to my new Vishera black FX6300 ,have tried some intell ,i use them fore Virus testing lol that is all they are good for, and the new ones are way to expensive for me to even look at ,,,as fore my GPU NVIDA all the way my first one was a GeForce2 MX ,up to my 650 Ti Boost ,that i very over clock up to 980 MHz fore the graphics clock and the memory clock up to 6008 MHz So AMD fore cpu and nvida for Gpu my win 7 rating is 7.9 all the way i get 180 FPS on black ops 2 going sli nest week so i will be over 200 FPS i got the Fx 6300 fore $130 and the 650 Ti Boost for $175 if i where to use the high end intell i would be looking at around $1000 ,and amd video the same,,so the heck with all this and that i am very fast fore very pore budget mm=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS