Question Radeon Relive 2020 Not recording ingame Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad.-.

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
Hi

Since i updated to the new radeon version (2020) I cant record any in game audio it only picks up my mic as an audio source im really confused any help will be appreciated.

My specs:
i5 9600k
Rx580 Strix
16gb of Crucial Balistix 3000mhz
Logitech G Pro x headset

So I think I found a fix, at least for me, I recently got my self a 5700xt and for the first few days it recorded the audio just fine, then suddenly it quit. Not sure if this will work for everyone.

Open the Sound device menu in the old control panel, not the windows 10 settings menu.

Got to the Recording tab and right click on Stereo Mix and Properties

In the Listen tab, select your default sound device, but make sure you leave the box unchecked that says "Listen to this device" or you'll hear an echo with every thing you do.

Now go to the Levels tab and max out the volume so its not too quiet in the recordings. Apply and does, can close all that out.

AMD Software

Alt+R and click the gear icon on the top right, and go into the General tab

Where it says Audio Capture Device, select the Stereo Mix option

Scroll down a bit more where it says Audio Channels, set that to Stereo

Below that you should see Record Microphone and enable that.

Done!

The only draw back is that your own microphone wont be picked up in the recordings, kinda of a bummer, but I myself can deal without that, if I need desktop recording with my mic I normally use something like OBS.

There can be another work around but its way more complicated, you can also accomplish this with your mic working with Voicemeeter and Virtual audio cable, both are free options from the same site.

Reactions: Tarik1791
Status
Not open for further replies.