Question Radeon RX 460 Graphics Card - 3 Monitors

Mar 19, 2020
Hi, I've had my RX460 for a while. Initially I set up for 2 monitors (Samsung CF27F398). As Displayport on the RX460 did not work I used the HDMI on RX460 and the HDMI on the motherboard. This worked fine for my needs. Now working from home, I'm trying to setup a third monitor a Sony SDM-P234 I found in the attic. I've connected this by DVI to the RX460. The monitor is recognised in Display settings and I can arrange the 3 monitors and the mouse moves onto the new display, but the display remains black. It does not seem to complain about a lack of input.

I've tried connected to the DVI port on the motherboard, no change, I tried connect all monitors to the RX460, but then the Displayport does not work and the new monitor is still dark.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Monito

popatim

Titan
Will the Sony display it's own menu?
No - Shine a flashlight into it, if you can see a faint image then the backlight is dead. repair, replace, or recycle it.
-- Still no - repair,replace, or recycle
Yes - try these:
- make sure you are using a DVI-D compatible cable. The Sony is not capable of analog DVI input
- manually setting the input to match the port you've connected it on. The SONY has a dedicated input button.