Question Radeon RX 5600 XT weird graphics/pixelated background

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaYaBcz

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017
I have a new pc and I've been experiencing some issues in most of the games.
There's a weird pixelated background and it absolutely ruins the experience in games like Red dead redemption 2 or Steep and it is most notable in cutscenes.
Framerate is not a problem at all, almost every game runs on high details with 60 FPS+.
I have the lates drivers istalled and I've tried to switch around some settings in the Radeon software as well.

My setup:
Screens:
View: https://imgur.com/a/3coYpGm

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
What resolution are you playing at, refresh rate, & size of your monitor? Looking at your screen shots on "my" screen the images are clear as day. With exception to the first one which I believe is supposed to look grainy in that shot. Have you tried modifying Anti-aliasing, or image sharpening? Possibly film grain & or motion blur is enabled in-game settings? Make sure your in-game resolution is set to match your monitor.

PaYaBcz

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017
What resolution are you playing at, refresh rate, & size of your monitor? Looking at your screen shots on "my" screen the images are clear as day. With exception to the first one which I believe is supposed to look grainy in that shot. Have you tried modifying Anti-aliasing, or image sharpening? Possibly film grain & or motion blur is enabled in-game settings? Make sure your in-game resolution is set to match your monitor.

1920x1080, 60Hz, 24"

Strange, I can even notice that weird pixely backround from the miniatures of the pictures, look closely. Or it could just be my monitor, but that would make no sence, because this doesn't happen in all games.

automaton_xx19

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018
Having a similar kind of thing, only started very recently since I updated my AMD driver to the December version 20.12.1.

I'm using an AMD 5700 XT, up-to-date drivers, then rolled back but the problem persists. I'm adding some images from Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's sky, of which the latter is particularly bad and I absolutely didn't have this problem before originally updating the driver back in early December. I've got an AOC 144hz 23" display, which incidentally I just noticed windows doesn't recognise and is giving me generic PnP drivers for. Maybe something?

For Cyberpunk the issue seems to be specifically connected with SSR, screen space reflections, where if I turn them off the problem is gone. But with no man's sky what ever graphical adjustment I make changes nothing and the problem persists- even after rolling back the driver. Adjust the anti-aliasing does not affect the problem.

Playing at standard 1080 resolutions in alignment with the monitor and able to get comfortable 60fps.

Here's a link to the gallery of examples.

View: https://imgur.com/a/DSHXnrW

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
1920x1080, 60Hz, 24"

Strange, I can even notice that weird pixely backround from the miniatures of the pictures, look closely. Or it could just be my monitor, but that would make no sence, because this doesn't happen in all games.
If you see it but I don't then its your monitor. I even zoomed in on the shots.

Having a similar kind of thing, only started very recently since I updated my AMD driver to the December version 20.12.1.

I'm using an AMD 5700 XT, up-to-date drivers, then rolled back but the problem persists. I'm adding some images from Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's sky, of which the latter is particularly bad and I absolutely didn't have this problem before originally updating the driver back in early December. I've got an AOC 144hz 23" display, which incidentally I just noticed windows doesn't recognise and is giving me generic PnP drivers for. Maybe something?

For Cyberpunk the issue seems to be specifically connected with SSR, screen space reflections, where if I turn them off the problem is gone. But with no man's sky what ever graphical adjustment I make changes nothing and the problem persists- even after rolling back the driver. Adjust the anti-aliasing does not affect the problem.

Playing at standard 1080 resolutions in alignment with the monitor and able to get comfortable 60fps.

Here's a link to the gallery of examples.

View: https://imgur.com/a/DSHXnrW
I can actually see what you are talking about in your screen shots. Try driver 20.9.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.