Question Radeon RX 570 Crashes and deletes drivers.

Pawlik

Prominent
Dec 21, 2021
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR OC 4GB GDDR5
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Power Source: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 650W 80 Plus Gold

Hello! I have a weirdly specific issue with my GPU.
It goes as follows: I use computer and it randomly (on input or sometimes even without that) crashes.
Not bluescreen, just freeze image and sometimes lag audio and then sometimes go black, sometimes just stay like that until I force shutdown the PC with the power button.
And then when it comes back finally - it sometimes turns on normally and sometimes the second screen displays the same thing as the first one and the only thing that fixes that is me re-installing the GPU drivers.
There is no error messages.

There is nothing specific that triggers those crashes. Sometimes it's just me alt tabbing or clicking play on a video (I don't think it crashed on me while playing any games or using blender or unity yet).
And there are those times when it just crashes without any input, usually either while Im watching a youtube video, or on desktop.

It started to happen a couple of months ago but it's getting more annoying.
Especially because when I look around forums, nothing seems to be the exact match for my issue.

Pawlik

Prominent
Dec 21, 2021
sounds like your GPU is dying. you could try downloading and running DDU in safe mode and reinstall your GPU driver to see if that works. the only way to be sure on your GPU would be to try it in another system or vice versa
Dying after only 2 and a half year of use?
Seems kind of short