[SOLVED] Radeon RX 570 - Graphic Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2019
Hi, this is my first post. Just bought a desktop pc from Best Buy, it's a Dell i5675 Ryzen 7 1700X (3.4ghz, boosts to 3.8) with 12gb ram, AMD Radeon RX 570 with 4Gb memory, and it has a 460w psu. Running Windows 10 home, totally updated. No bloatware at all pre-installed with it.

Straight out of the box it had graphic issues resulting in freezes, bsod, restarts, and disconnecting from the tv monitor but not shutting down. It would show blue or red diagonal crosshatching across the screen, then stop and shopw a black screen, and then crash and sometimes error out. This happened while on desktop screen, browsers (both FF and Chrome), at windows login, etc

Ran a 4+ hour dell diagnostics on it, and it passed all tests. Followed instructions in your "clean install" sticky and installed newest Radeon drivers in a clean environment, but it didn't solve the issues. I've attached pics taken with my phone showing the diagonal crosshatching.

I'm adept with computers (used to do pc tech support) and software issues, but not hardware. What would be causing this issue? Assuming it's a faulty graphics card. Or an underpowered PSU?

Can't remove the case to check for loose cables or ram, etc, because it will void warranty. I boxed it back up today to return it to Best Buy, but trying to educate myself on the issue so I can talk to the Geek Squad guys about it. Thank you for any help you could provide. :)

Edit: darn, can't attach images and don't have a site to upload them to. How can I show the screenshots I took of the diagonal crosshatching?

Last edited:
I bet box got bumped around hard before you got it. I would take side off and check memory is seated correctly and re seat video card and make sure cables to video card are fully latched to your RX 570

Sorry missed can't open warranty.................................gurr

but that's what I think is the issue. .................ya return

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharon D
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks, stonecarver. This was also bought as an "Open Box" (but through BB and not a market seller, so can return within 30 days), so it could be more than just loose cables or ram not seated right. Can't tell if I can't open the case, definitely agree with grrrr!

Nov 21, 2019
Other than the graphics issues everything else is great. Runs fast. Planned on upgrading the psu at some point. Too bad, but looks like I'm probably just going to ask for a refund. Never had an issue with open box before now. Lesson learnt, I suppose.

Nov 21, 2019
Just wish I knew if it was caused by being bumped around in transit and just need to reseat memory and card, or if it's a faulty card...or if it needs a higher watt psu. Oy. lol We'll see how it goes at the store. I'll reply back afterwards.

Thank you both for your help. :) Cheers!

Nov 21, 2019
Since I chose a refund over of repair, I can't confirm what the exact problem was with the computer. But pretty sure it was probably the graphics card causing the issues.

Still searching for a new desktop computer, since the ones I currently have at home are very outdated. Now seems like a good time to buy one with all the Black Friday deals happening, and I found this one in my online travels.

It's a Dell G5 gaming desktop with an Intel i7 9700K, 6gb Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti, 8gb DDR4, 460w psu, 95w cpu cooler, and 256 ssd + 1 Tb hdd on sale for $1299 + taxes (Canadian currency). Does this sound like a good price for what you get?

https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/productdetail/3gkm

Nov 21, 2019
Basic home use, MS Word for my writing, browsing with several tabs, video, photography, and some gaming too. For myself, I like MMO games like WoW, Diablo, FF, Elder Scrolls. But I'd also like my guy to be able to play his games on decent settings when he visits me: World of Tanks, Far Cry, Total War: Three Kingdoms, and other 1st person shooter games, etc

Btw, I was wrong about the 95w cpu cooler, that's only for the i9 processors. It's a 65w for the i7-9700k at dell. And I'd probably go for 16gb ram instead of just the 8gb. So with another 8gb and the Killer wifi-6 added, it'd come to $1530+ taxes (canadian). Worth it?

Nov 21, 2019
Thanks, yeah 16 gb is definitely better for both our gaming needs and video. The dell above is one of the early Black Friday deals, it's the most bang for it's buck on the Canadian site.

Wish I could afford to spend more (and wish our Canuck dollar didn't suck), but funds are limited. Have never been a fan of HP, so will probably stick with dell. One day I'd love to build my own rig, but today is not that day. lol Thanks again. :)

Reactions: rgd1101
Looks like a killer Dell system. So when can I come over and play Far Cry lol.

Yes 16gb is min these days but I cringe when you have to add ram on a Dell order. Don't know Dells yes or no's with can you open it or not but if Dell lets you do your own memory upgrades I would hit Amazon for memory. That system would put mine to shame. Happy Gaming and happy Thanksgiving

Nov 21, 2019
Yeah, I'm pleased with the deal, except I ended up doubling the ram to 16gb, doubled the ssd to 512, and added in the killer wifi 6. AND I talked to dell live chat and they reduced the price by $100 too. :) I added the link below to my other thread, to show you why they reduced the price. And I was wrong about the cpu cooler it IS 95w, not 65w.

Far Cry rocks, doesn't it?? C'mon over, but bring snacks and drinks when you do. ;) lol Happy Gaming and Happy Thanksgiving to you! Thanksgiving was in October for us up here in Canuckland, but I'll be cooking a chuck roast this weekend, so that's just as good. Cheers!

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/dell-g5-5090-gaming-desktop.3548773/

Last edited:

JoeyJoel

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hi, this is my first post. Just bought a desktop pc from Best Buy, it's a Dell i5675 Ryzen 7 1700X (3.4ghz, boosts to 3.8) with 12gb ram, AMD Radeon RX 570 with 4Gb memory, and it has a 460w psu. Running Windows 10 home, totally updated. No bloatware at all pre-installed with it.

Straight out of the box it had graphic issues resulting in freezes, bsod, restarts, and disconnecting from the tv monitor but not shutting down. It would show blue or red diagonal crosshatching across the screen, then stop and shopw a black screen, and then crash and sometimes error out. This happened while on desktop screen, browsers (both FF and Chrome), at windows login, etc

Hi, my first post also. My Gf had the exact same problem when she went from a 5450 to a RX560 Radeon. The speed was great, all was great, but on one particular 3D game, the textures blinked, and 'Crosshatch' appeared and blinked, and so on.. it was difficult on the eyes. She contacted tech support and they told her they are aware of it. The AMD upgrade was simply not compatible with their older code, that AMD did not accommodate some of the older architectures or code used in that game. Odd as the game is large.

I'm adept with computers (used to do pc tech support) and software issues, but not hardware. What would be causing this issue? Assuming it's a faulty graphics card. Or an underpowered PSU?

Can't remove the case to check for loose cables or ram, etc, because it will void warranty. I boxed it back up today to return it to Best Buy, but trying to educate myself on the issue so I can talk to the Geek Squad guys about it. Thank you for any help you could provide. :)

Edit: darn, can't attach images and don't have a site to upload them to. How can I show the screenshots I took of the diagonal crosshatching?
[/QUOTE]

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

[/QUOTE]

Please don't necro a thread and please, please don't necro a thread for the apparent purpose of copying and pasting the original poster's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.