[SOLVED] radeon rx 570 textures

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
I got some problems with a radeon rx 570 that i bought used , trying it in a computer with intel xeon e3 1270 , 8 gb ddr3 ram and be quiet system power 9 400w. Geforce gtx 1060 6 gb runs without problems in same computer. temperatures are max 70 c on load.
On the radeon rx 570 there is alot of shimmer on texturs especially the ones in long distance, for instance in fifa 19 the side line or for example a long disance object in
battlefield 4. i only tried these two games this far. Increasing msaa to 4x helps and it looks better with higher settings but still shouldnt have to use that high settings
for it to look decent.
Im starting to think the hdmi port on the card could be bad, is it possible a bad hdmi port could cause this? Is it also possible the cable could be damaged even though
the gtx 1060 runs without problem? is
I tried running valley test score and it scored normal and i didnt see any shimmer when running that.
possibly the card is bad or damaged but it runs with good fps and very smooth. any ideas? thanks

Solution
yeah uninstalled and cleaned drivers. i do got mixed brand ram in this one but if that was the cause the gtx 1060 should have problems to.
No you should IMMEDIATELY change your RAM modules. Don not compare with the 1060. Mixed RAM often perform good with some specific configurations but not with all types of configurations. So if you want to fix your problem that is the only way. Get a RAM kit with totally identical RAM.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I got some problems with a radeon rx 570 that i bought used , trying it in a computer with intel xeon e3 1270 , 8 gb ddr3 ram and be quiet system power 9 400w. Geforce gtx 1060 6 gb runs without problems in same computer. temperatures are max 70 c on load.
On the radeon rx 570 there is alot of shimmer on texturs especially the ones in long distance, for instance in fifa 19 the side line or for example a long disance object in
battlefield 4. i only tried these two games this far. Increasing msaa to 4x helps and it looks better with higher settings but still shouldnt have to use that high settings
for it to look decent.
Im starting to think the hdmi port on the card could be bad, is it possible a bad hdmi port could cause this? Is it also possible the cable could be damaged even though
the gtx 1060 runs without problem? is
I tried running valley test score and it scored normal and i didnt see any shimmer when running that.
possibly the card is bad or damaged but it runs with good fps and very smooth. any ideas? thanks
You should test test different RAM modules.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
yeah uninstalled and cleaned drivers. i do got mixed brand ram in this one but if that was the cause the gtx 1060 should have problems to.
No you should IMMEDIATELY change your RAM modules. Don not compare with the 1060. Mixed RAM often perform good with some specific configurations but not with all types of configurations. So if you want to fix your problem that is the only way. Get a RAM kit with totally identical RAM.

Solution