Question Radeon RX 570 Underperforming

Apr 25, 2019
I recently purchased an AMD Radeon RX 570. I excitedly installed it and installed the drivers. I then booted up Far Cry 5 after months of saving up for a new graphics card. I was expecting something great as I would be very lucky to reach 20 FPS with my old GT 710. I ran the benchmark and there was literally the exact same results. I have tried virtually everything, please help!

My specs:
8gb RAM
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 2.8GHz Dual Core
GPU: AMD Radeon RX570
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 500GB
PSU: EVGA 430W

How much can you afford to pay ? Specify the exact budget and currency. I would recommend going for at least an i5 CPU. Your current CPU uses the FCLGA1150 socket, so you need to look for a CPU which works on this LGA1150 socket, else, you would be needing a complete system overhaul, if you wish you upgrade to one of the latest GEN of CPUs, be it INTEL or AMD.

But first of all, what's the make and model number of your current Motherboard ? You need to check the FULL CPU compatibility list, before upgrading the CPU. As far as I'm concerned, FCLGA and LGA socket are the same thing, the only difference between LGA and FCLGA is the manufacturing process, so it should work, but this also depends on your current motherboard as well.

Though, others can definitely correct me if I'm wrong.