Question Radeon RX 580 Crash help!! No boot, fans on 100%

May 6, 2020
Hey!

I've had the card and avoided all crashing for the last 5 months, lighting gaming but still, it ran fine. Couple of days ago while playing Civ 6 it crashed the PC out. Now I get no signal from it, its clearly powered and the fans run at 100% while i reboot the pc using integrated graphics. Not showing in device manager or any of the Radeon Software.

Fans run flat out until I shut down the PC, I've updated BIOS, taken out and cleaned it, none of that is likely to be the reason as it ran fine until the crash.

PSU 650w
GPU Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
CPU Ryzen 3 2200G

I'm waiting on Radeon support to help, but does anyone know what I should be trying, I'm no pro but I've reconfigured a lot of my pc successfully, PSU, memory and Graphics card. Cant believe its anything else other than a result of the crash, its like its in self preservation mode or something!! Also I've updated the Drivers using Radeon Adrenaline.

Help appreciated!

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
usually the death of a hardware component of the PC is sudden and with no warning. i lost count on how many times i turned my perfectly fine working pc off at night and it didn't turn on the next day with some component being completely dead and in need of replacement.