[SOLVED] Radeon RX 580 Driver Timeouts

Jul 9, 2021
Hello, I have posted hear before with Graphics issues, ( No display ) I have display now, ( Warranty ) And now I have another issue. I keep getting driver timeouts on my RX 580. I got it refurbished from warranty claim. I have a weird glitchy pattern on my screen when the timeout happens, Then it goes black. I do get display back, its unusable though. I deleted the drivers and have not had another crash. Is it a hardware issue? Or is it a software issue? Hasn't happened on game, I had this issue since yesterday. I need help I have no idea what's going on.

Solution
Can you please state the make and model of your PSU? As for your driver timeouts, can you first state what OS version you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and the driver version that you're working with at the time of writing? Instead of deleting, the correct way to address a GPU driver issue is to use DDU, to uninstall your drivers for GPU and then reboot, then reinstall the GPU driver with the latest sourced from AMD's support page, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. It's a good idea to have the drivers stored on your desktop(for now).

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please state the make and model of your PSU? As for your driver timeouts, can you first state what OS version you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10) and the driver version that you're working with at the time of writing? Instead of deleting, the correct way to address a GPU driver issue is to use DDU, to uninstall your drivers for GPU and then reboot, then reinstall the GPU driver with the latest sourced from AMD's support page, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. It's a good idea to have the drivers stored on your desktop(for now).

Solution

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
From what i understand based on your posting, this is your second time replacing the gpu? Are you sure it isn’t something else causing your gpu to malfunction? A bit unlikely to get two bad gpus in a row…