Question Radeon RX 6600 Won't Turn On

Aug 9, 2022
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6600 MSI
Mobo- ASUS X570-PLUS
PSU - Corsair RM850

Hi, this was my first time building a PC so all parts were new. Finished building about a week ago and was running fine until now. The motherboard shows the VGA white error light and the GPU fans stop after about 20 seconds after turning on. Everything else seems to be working as the CPU fan and case fans stay on.

I've tried using the second GPU slot in the motherboard, changing PSU ports, and changing the PCIE cable but nothing I do fixes it. I don't have any other PC parts or monitors that I can work with.

Keep in mind that I am a beginner so any simple fixes I could've missed would definitely be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 362816

Possible that the GPU died it happens general in the first 1-2 weeks of use. Do you have a friend or family system you can test the graphics card in?

Aug 9, 2022
Possible that the GPU died it happens general in the first 1-2 weeks of use. Do you have a friend or family system you can test the graphics card in?
I might have a friend's system I can test it in but unfortunately I am going on a trip soon so I don't know if I can test before that.

If it does turn out that the GPU died what should I do?

D

Deleted member 362816

I might have a friend's system I can test it in but unfortunately I am going on a trip soon so I don't know if I can test before that.

If it does turn out that the GPU died what should I do?

Only way to know if it is the GPU or your system would be to test the GPU in another pc. Or if you bought it from a local retailer you could just exchange it.

Aug 9, 2022
Only way to know if it is the GPU or your system would be to test the GPU in another pc. Or if you bought it from a local retailer you could just exchange it.
Just curious if I got the GPU online (Amazon) would there be a way to exchange it? Also, what should I do if it is my system that died?
Sorry for the many questions.

Just curious if I got the GPU online (Amazon) would there be a way to exchange it? Also, what should I do if it is my system that died?
Sorry for the many questions.
Hello there!
You need not be sorry for asking questions this forum is for that purpose moreover I can get how distributing it could be if a new system doesn't work. As your parts are new they would be under warranty so you can get them fixed or replace them if possible through Amazon if 10-14 days replacement is possible

Aug 9, 2022
Hello there!
You need not be sorry for asking questions this forum is for that purpose moreover I can get how distributing it could be if a new system doesn't work. As your parts are new they would be under warranty so you can get them fixed or replace them if possible through Amazon if 10-14 days replacement is possible
I don't think the system is dead but thanks for letting me know about the warranty!