News Radeon RX 6600 XT Unavailable for Purchase In America

This is one of the few situation where the tinfoil hat theories may have substance: if they are allocating cards for the "shuffle" or "pre-builts", then it means they just don't want to sell them as stand alone items because they don't profit as much as AMD told them to keep the prices close to MSRP. While I dislike the MSRP itself, I don't think this one is the fault of AMD necessarily and I'd point the darts (and questions) to retailers and distributors.

Regards.

Reactions: hallby81

lastguytom

Commendable
Nov 23, 2018
This sad that 6600xt overpriced and not available for DIY purchase.
AMD has released the best GPU architecture so far in their history, but lost market share. They REPORTED selling the most GPU in their history, how many was actually sold to DIY builders or gamers(without buying an expensive prebuild OR being a MINERS?) They sacrificed market share and good will of AMD FANS (LIKE ME) THAT SUPPORTED THEM DURING THE TOUGH TIMES (FX AND THE High-end GPU DROUGHT) FOR LARGER PROFITS, corvid 19, too many products released in 2020 by AMD(console chip, laptop,5000 series ryzen, server CPU, GPU) for A fabless company depending on TSMC caused their shortage of products available. The Marketing did not see the high demand and opt to go to markets, they want to get their foot in the door. GOOD LUCK AMD, I HOPE YOUR NEXT GPU BETTER BLOW NVIDIA OUT OF THE WATER, AND BE PRICED WELL OR YOUR RADEON DIVISION WILL BE POPULAR TO MINORS only. I'M TELL ALL MY FRIENDS TO GO FO CONSOLES THIS CHRISTMAS, GPU PRICES AND QUALITY TO HOW MUCH YOU GOT TO SPEND IS NOT WORTH THE PURCHASE. Radeon will be a dead division to DIY gamers

SSGBryan

Reputable
Jan 29, 2021
This sad that 6600xt overpriced and not available for DIY purchase.
AMD has released the best GPU architecture so far in their history, but lost market share. They REPORTED selling the most GPU in their history, how many was actually sold to DIY builders or gamers(without buying an expensive prebuild OR being a MINERS?) They sacrificed market share and good will of AMD FANS (LIKE ME) THAT SUPPORTED THEM DURING THE TOUGH TIMES (FX AND THE High-end GPU DROUGHT) FOR LARGER PROFITS, corvid 19, too many products released in 2020 by AMD(console chip, laptop,5000 series ryzen, server CPU, GPU) for A fabless company depending on TSMC caused their shortage of products available. The Marketing did not see the high demand and opt to go to markets, they want to get their foot in the door. GOOD LUCK AMD, I HOPE YOUR NEXT GPU BETTER BLOW NVIDIA OUT OF THE WATER, AND BE PRICED WELL OR YOUR RADEON DIVISION WILL BE POPULAR TO MINORS only. I'M TELL ALL MY FRIENDS TO GO FO CONSOLES THIS CHRISTMAS, GPU PRICES AND QUALITY TO HOW MUCH YOU GOT TO SPEND IS NOT WORTH THE PURCHASE. Radeon will be a dead division to DIY gamers

lastguytime,

A sale is a sale - neither AMD or a board partner cares who buys it, as long as it is sold, they aren't a charity. Neither one cares if you supported them in the past. The DIY market and/or gamers will always be the last in line; get used to it. AMD rolled out a souped up RX480 today, it isn't worth getting worked up over.

Never be loyal to a business - they will NEVER be loyal to you.

Pro tip - ALLCAPS doesn't make your argument stronger.

hannibal

Distinguished
I think you may have converted the wrong way. 370 Euros is roughly $434.79 US. So not really close to MSRP.
But european gpus also include tax about 25% so price in usa $325 without taxes... In germany the tax is 19% and the usa price $352 if that is case... but in anyway considering prices in general. not too bad indeed

plateLunch

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
They sacrificed market share...FOR LARGER PROFITS
Maybe try joining them instead of fighting them? Get on RobinHood or someplace more reputable and pick up some AMD stock. Maybe you can make enough to pay the extra for a good 6700 card.
AMD made all the right moves the past few years. Now they've got the revenue stream and profitability to do whatever they want. Intel's ineptitude also didn't hurt. Roll with AMD and you'll come out ahead.