News Radeon RX 6600 XTs Available at Micro Center, Hard to Find Elsewhere

plateLunch

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
You know, with Newegg's Shuffle, you really have no idea what Newegg's inventory is like. They could have 20x what Microcenter got because as an internet retailer, they probably move that much more product. And with their Shuffle, you can't be a miner or a scalper and buy 10 cards with a single click. Maybe exactly what AMD wants?

I just got selected for a Powercolor. What are the odds if Newegg didn't have inventory?

You know, with Newegg's Shuffle, you really have no idea what Newegg's inventory is like. They could have 20x what Microcenter got because as an internet retailer, they probably move that much more product. And with their Shuffle, you can't be a miner or a scalper and buy 10 cards with a single click. Maybe exactly what AMD wants?

I just got selected for a Powercolor. What are the odds if Newegg didn't have inventory?
I don't know how many of the people on our staff tried for the Shuffle on the RX 6600 XT, but I did and failed to get selected. Matt got selected. So that's 50% hit rate.
But there were a shload of unpurchased RX 6600 XT cards at the Denver Micro Center when I left!
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AMD sent more GPUs to Micro Center than Newegg. MC is doing a far better job at distributing them fairly from what I can tell.
You have to give your ID, record your address, name, etc. Only one card every 30 days. Newegg is pure luck, and it won't even say how many cards are up for grabs and how many people are entering the Shuffle.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Only one card every 30 days
I think this should be a required Federal Regulation when GPU's / Video Cards are scarce.

All Individuals / Business / Entities are limited to 1 GPU/Video Card per (Retail Entity/Vendor) and have a wait time of 2^32 ms

2^32 ms = 4-Byte un-signed integer ~= 49 Days, 17 hrs, 2 mins, 47 sec(s), & 295 ms.

That's a bit over 7 weeks of wait time.

So a large Retailer like MicroCenter or BestBuy would be required to limit purchases across all Physical and online retail stores across the Globe and anywhere they do business.

This would give individuals a better chance of buying a GPU that they want and not have people flooding and eating up the supply.

LokkenJP

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2014
Each time I read "mid-range" and prices in the 400-500$ range in the same context, I freak out. 😕

Seriously, I dont understand how we ("the market") have accepted so willingly those recent outrageous prices. At those price points, GPUs in the segment range of the 6600 XT should be gathering dust in the shelves... instead, here we are, talking about how fast the cards will sell out or how high the price may reach.

I can understand miners mindset. In the end, they buy in the hopes of recovering their investment and then making some profits, no matter how much they pay. But I cannot understand how gamers have bitten the bait and followed that crazy trend so easily.

Crazy world this one... :(

Each time I read "mid-range" and prices in the 400-500$ range in the same context, I freak out. 😕

Seriously, I dont understand how we ("the market") have accepted so willingly those recent outrageous prices. At those price points, GPUs in the segment range of the 6600 XT should be gathering dust in the shelves... instead, here we are, talking about how fast the cards will sell out or how high the price may reach.

I can understand miners mindset. In the end, they buy in the hopes of recovering their investment and then making some profits, no matter how much they pay. But I cannot understand how gamers have bitten the bait and followed that crazy trend so easily.

Crazy world this one... :(
I've said this is a mid-range card with bottom-of-the-high-end starting prices. I generally think of mid-range as $225-$350 preferably under $300), and budget as under $200, with high-end starting at $375 and going up to around $600. Everything above that is "extreme" or "enthusiast" or whatever you want to call it. Actually, anything over $1,000 is "stupidly expensive and you really shouldn't buy this unless you're a professional satisfying a specific need." But people get desperate and sometimes overspend in a market like we have right now, where supply is much, much less than demand.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
"... relatively large amount of industry ", I'm assuming you mean "inventory".

I just want to know who is buying up all these GPUs. All my gamer friends that are usually the 1st to buy GPUs have been waiting patiently .... so we know GPU production has been the highest it's ever been. If cryptominers supposedly took 25% of all GPUs and scalpers hit most online stores. Where did all this extra demand come from? We know non-enthusiasts won't wait in line for GPUs and if the enthusiasts are waiting in line and not getting anything .... it makes me wonder.