[SOLVED] Radeon RX Vega 64 or GeForce RTX 2060

3vangelica

Honorable
May 20, 2014
Price is a concern. I simply cannot afford more than about £400 but, I want the best card going forward, for my limited funds. I know it shouldn't stack up but the 2060 has much faster multi-rendering and lighting effects.
Am I simply better off going with an RTX card?

Thanks.

Solution
I'd go with the Vega 64 or even a 56. I went with the 56, but it's slightly slower than a 2060. But can be overclocked. Reason I went for Bega 56 was it was my price range. As well as I could have gotten the 2060 for not much more, but I didn't like the fact that it only had 6gb of vram. That may be enough today, but what about in a year or so? Vega 56 can be overclocked to come close to the Vega 64 or GTX 1080 if you want to tinker. But I like having the extra vram. Vs the Vega 56 for example, the 2060 is a stronger card, but if the card runs out of vram, then you'd have to dial back settings anyway.

If you have the cash, and it has a good warranty, I think I'd go Vega 64. I'm happy with mine. But if you can get a GTX 1080...
I'd go with the Vega 64 or even a 56. I went with the 56, but it's slightly slower than a 2060. But can be overclocked. Reason I went for Bega 56 was it was my price range. As well as I could have gotten the 2060 for not much more, but I didn't like the fact that it only had 6gb of vram. That may be enough today, but what about in a year or so? Vega 56 can be overclocked to come close to the Vega 64 or GTX 1080 if you want to tinker. But I like having the extra vram. Vs the Vega 56 for example, the 2060 is a stronger card, but if the card runs out of vram, then you'd have to dial back settings anyway.

If you have the cash, and it has a good warranty, I think I'd go Vega 64. I'm happy with mine. But if you can get a GTX 1080 as someone said, that would be a fine choice also.

Solution

3vangelica

Honorable
May 20, 2014
You know what, I've decided to stick with amd because I currently have a freesync monitor. But, that aside I'm going to wait til the summer to see how much the radeon vii will go for. I might have a bit more cash by then anyway. Push comes to shove, I'll get the vega 64.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Much appreciated ;)