Question Radeon RX580 8GB overheating

Jul 27, 2019
Radeon RX580 8GB overheating. When I launch certain games (Dead by Daylight, Black Desert Online, Ring of Elysium, and many more) even when Im just in ingame lobby and not in a match my GPU starts to heat up and usually reaches up to 79C. I have deleted the Adrenalin software and am just running default drivers, have also tried to manually disable vsync in many games but it doesnt really help (a lot of forums I checked have said that vsync is at fault). Also tried using afterburner but its the same thing the only thing that goes up is the temperature.

OS - Win7

CPU - Radeon RX580 8GB

GPU - AMD FX-8320

MB - ASRock 970M

PSU - AeroCool KCAS 600W Bronze.

79 C is not a dangerously HIGH temp, but it is still a bit hot for the GPU. How is the airflow inside your cabinet ? Have you tried making a custom FAN profile via the MSI AB tool as well ?

What is the GPU temp value in IDLE desktop Mode ? Also, monitor the GPU usage/load, both in Idle mode, and also when you play games. What's the make/brand of your Video card ?

What's the ambient room temperature in your area ? Use this tool, GPU-Z, to check the video card's load/usage, and other GPU parameters.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Last edited:
Reactions: HiHoSilver
Jul 27, 2019
I've bought an extra fan for the case so I guess the airflow is okay. I tried leaving the gpu fan on 100% using afterburner all the time but the temperature still goes up. I always have a window open so my room is around 20-25C depending on weather. The gpu is made by AMD.Idle

I tried leaving the gpu fan on 100% using afterburner all the time but the temperature still goes up.

Then something is definitely wrong with your GPU, or some component, IMO. If the TEMP still increases even if you cap out the fans to 100%, then this needs troubleshooting.

How OLD is this video card ? Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, as well as MSI AB or any other overclocking tool ?

The gpu is made by AMD.Idle

Those values look normal to me. No issues. What's the brand/make of your RX 580, which manufacturer model is it ?

Reactions: HiHoSilver
Jul 27, 2019
Was watching youtube with discord running. If I left the game running a minute or two longer the temperature would have increased. Did a quick scan using Malwarebytes and found nothing.