Question Radeon RX590 PC crashing

Elprokan

Prominent
Aug 3, 2020
I recently upgraded my R9 280x to RX 590 and I started having overheating issues ( I guess ? ) I tried to check my PS and CPU as well just to be sure but it all started with this new GPU. As a side note a friend of mine upgraded to 5600XT and is having the same problem. If I play GPU heavy games, my screen turns black, fans start spinning at maximum speed for couple of seconds and I can hear distorted audio loop so I have to manually reset it with a button. It doesn't happen right away as I need to be gaming for couple of hours but some games ( like Subnautica, ARK ) can trigger it almost instantly. I tried monitoring my GPU fan speed and temperature but it never exceeded 85 ℃ (185 ℉). The highest value I saw was 84 ℃ while my fans were running at 87% speed. I was able to extend my gaming period without crash by disabling ZERO RPM mode to get constant air flow but the problem still persists.

Did you clean install the graphics drivers?

Elprokan

Prominent
Aug 3, 2020
Did you clean install the graphics drivers?

Yes I did that + I had to update my bios because my monitor had no signal when I plugged it in for the first time, so even my bios is up to date.