[SOLVED] Radeon Sapphire graphics card not working with Asus tuf x570 plus wifi board

Dec 14, 2020
Putting together new build and all the parts were sealed (except the mobo, why ??)..parts are as follows: (all of these were chosen on pcpartspicker so I know they're compatible)
asus tuf x570-plus wifi,
amd ryzen 3700X cpu,
corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16,
corsair rm850 gold power supply,

SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 11265-05-20G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, SF120R RGB Fan, 4 CD 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins, RGB Lighting for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151
ASUS - 27" IPS LCD FHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor (DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI) - Black

anyway, I installed the mobo, cpu & cooler, memory...everything fires up, all good....however, then I add the graphics card plug it in to the power supply, connect the monitor annnd NOTHING...to qualify this, I don't have a speaker in the new case (ordered 1 should be here today) so i can't hear any beep codes. No fans spin on the graphics card at all...it is in the 1st slot on the board closest to the cpu. Could the card be dead as it does nothing when connected to power. Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated as I must rma the card with newegg very soon to get a replacement.
thnx,
-Z

Last edited:

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Have you installed the Radeon software ,this should be done prior to locating the GPU in the mobo ,if not remove card and install software .Then turn off ,fit GPU and Windows should pick it up ,made that mistake myself

Dec 14, 2020
Have you installed the Radeon software ,this should be done prior to locating the GPU in the mobo ,if not remove card and install software .Then turn off ,fit GPU and Windows should pick it up ,made that mistake myself
Hi Ray, thnx for gettin' back to me. Well, it's a brand new build, so I haven't tried to run any software since I can't see it without it appearing on the screen...I hoped it would boot then I could install windows...but to my surprise I discovered this ryzen cpu does NOT support onboard graphics, so I can't even get by without the card...so how can you see anything to even start the process of installing any software...arrrg...I'm stumped, what do I do if ye can't see a screen to run or setup anything. My last build was 10 years ago...it seemed a lot simpler and at least my screen came up prior to getting a separate vid card. How can I get around this ?

Last edited: