Question Radeon software.exe - System error

Jack Ross

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
I am currently having an issue while booting my computer. I get to the windows screen where I put in my pin and begin to login. It stays on the welcome screen for a while before the error message "The code execution cannot proceed because MF.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". I assume I need to install the MF.dll file however given that this error message prevents me from booting windows I'm not sure how I should go about doing this. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this or any other solutions that would be greatly appricieated.
Thank you

D

Deleted member 362816

I had a issue like this on a customers computer awhile back. I did a fresh install of windows 10/11 and it went away. I know it is not the best solution but it worked for me. His specs were 6800xt x570 5800x 32gb ddr4

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
If i was to do this would I need to wipe my hardives/SSDs first?
You can also do grey install as update with creating Windows ISO image via Windows Media Creation Tool, unzipping it in some folder and launching setup.exe
Or you also can do grey install with USB boot drive by selecting partition with already existing Windows copy and telling installer to save all files.
This will save all your data
It overwrites any existing DLL, creating almost clean install, at least in terms of DLLs. But, on other side, it wouldn't help against malvare preventing a misunderstanding.