[SOLVED] Radeon software is ineffective ?

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I think the radeon software isn't working, the radeon chill option doesn't limit my fps to save battery. The afterburner shows I'm getting 58-61 fps but I set the limit to 30 fps only. And neither is the dynamic resolution working. Any help is appreciated.

This is my laptop: Buy HP 15(2021) 5th Gen Ryzen 5 5500U Laptop with Alexa Built-in, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 15.6-Inch(39.6 cm) FHD Screen, Windows 10, MS Office, (15s-eq2040au) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

I have noticed this in Cup head, Modern Warfare Remastered, Fortnite and COD World War 2.

Last edited:
Solution
I would not expect an automatic save. Your change may be "held" until the next power down and then lost.

= = = =

Take a look at hardware acceleration.

Reference:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/07/enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

Test the switch to determine if a change makes any difference. [Do not make any Registry changes.]

Google for other similar links or "How to's" that may be or are more applicable to your laptop and installed components.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

What games are you playing?

Have you tried reinstalling the radeon software?

Be sure that you do indeed "Save", "Ok", or "Yes" to actually save any configuration changes you make to the Radeon software.

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

What games are you playing?

Have you tried reinstalling the radeon software?

Be sure that you do indeed "Save", "Ok", or "Yes" to actually save any configuration changes you make to the Radeon software.
I updated the post, and secondly there is no Save, Ok or Yes button. It automatically saves it. Any thoughts?

Ralston18

Titan
I would not expect an automatic save. Your change may be "held" until the next power down and then lost.

= = = =

Take a look at hardware acceleration.

Reference:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/07/enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

Test the switch to determine if a change makes any difference. [Do not make any Registry changes.]

Google for other similar links or "How to's" that may be or are more applicable to your laptop and installed components.

Reactions: Vaibhav_Rai@
Solution