Question Radeon VII performance

Dec 6, 2018
I just got in the Radeon VII yesterday, and just had some questions about performance as it seems my card is under performing quite a bit.
I know its a pretty new card but was just curious if maybe you guys have any tips, or if I just happen to get a bad card or something.

I just play on 1080p currently (144hz monitor) and in some games like Far Cry New Dawn, Fallout 76, or Black Ops 4 just a couple games I've tested so far it seems to struggle to hold a steady 60 frames.
Which as its targeted at the 2080, it should have MUCH better performance at 1080p and above, even in some of the benchmarks I watched online the card appears to supposed to be getting 100+ frames on these games.

I was using the RTX 2070 a bit before this and even that card got a much higher performance.
Could there be something in radeon settings that needs to be changed around? I've messed with a few settings in there that have helped a little bit but so far I can't really seem to figure out whats up.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
Sapphire Radeon VII 16gb
16gb G. Skill Ripjams Ram
Corsair RM750 x PSU

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
i use mine to get up to 144hz 1440p you definitely have an issue somewhere if you can't hold 60fps@1080p. check your resolution scale and make sure vsync in-game is disabled. you shouldn't really have to change everything around to get it to perform, weird....