[SOLVED] Radiator compatibility issue

Aug 22, 2020
Hello all. I recently bought a Corsair iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower Black ATX Case along with some other parts including a Corsair H115i 280mm CPU cooler. Now in the specs on the Corsair website and also on the vendor I bought from it says that this case supports 280mm radiators. However, as it turns out, these are only supported on the front panel, not on the top. This would not be huge issue except that the case comes with preinstalled fans on the front which seem tricky to remove and replace (not even sure if that's a good idea).

Is the only solution here to swap the case or the cooler? Is there something I'm missing? If I do have to swap one out, which one should it be? My cpu is a 3950x for reference.

Solution
Removing the front fans and putting the radiator there is a far more practical solution than getting a new cooler or case

The manual should tell you how to remove the front cover allowing you access to the fan screws. From there you just unscrew the fans, unplug the wires and you're good to go

Furzumz

Reputable
Removing the front fans and putting the radiator there is a far more practical solution than getting a new cooler or case

The manual should tell you how to remove the front cover allowing you access to the fan screws. From there you just unscrew the fans, unplug the wires and you're good to go

Solution