Question radiator configurations on Lian Li O11 Dynamic

toxin9

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying the Lian Li o11 Dynamic (not the XL version) and I'm not sure if everything I have will fit. I have the h100i liquid cooler for my cpu, with a 240mm radiator, and I have the 2080 EVGA hybrid, with a 120mm radiator. But the o11 doesn't have a rear fan. I want to use the side slots for intake fans, and I want my radiators to exhaust the hot air out of the case. Since the case doesn't have a rear fan slot, that pretty much leaves me with the only option of mounting both radiators to the top of the case. Now, I know that the top of the case can hold a 360mm rad, so I was wondering if both radiators (120mm + 240mm) will fit on top of the case. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Then just mount the H100i's radiator to the side as intake, and the EVGA Hybrid up top as exhaust?
¯\(ツ)

Don't do bottom. That's a no-no with hybrid coolers.

I was wondering if both radiators (120mm + 240mm) will fit on top of the case.
No, because the radiators have greater dimensions than the fans, they're going to occupy and obscure more space.

toxin9

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015
Then just mount the H100i's radiator to the side as intake, and the EVGA Hybrid up top as exhaust?
¯\(ツ)

Don't do bottom. That's a no-no with hybrid coolers.

No, because the radiators have greater dimensions than the fans, they're going to occupy and obscure more space.

Yeah, bottom is a bad Idea. But I was also thinking that using the radiators as intake is not so good, since it's blowing hot air into the case. Are you sure it won't fit on top? I looked at the measurements and technically there is enough room physically- the length of the case is longer than adding the length of both radiators. I'm worried that there won't be any room to mount them with screws. Do you own the case? can you tell me how many centimeters is the gap between the edge of the case and the mounting "lines"? I know how long the case is, now I need to know how long are the lines to mount fans on top of the case: View: https://imgur.com/a/Sp8vfQu

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
But I was also thinking that using the radiators as intake is not so good, since it's blowing hot air into the case.
It's not as bad as you think it is. It really isn't.
H500P Mesh here.
1080Ti + Kraken G12 + Celsius S36, all as front intake. Nothing's running toasty.

I looked at the measurements and technically there is enough room physically- the length of the case is longer than adding the length of both radiators. I'm worried that there won't be any room to mount them with screws.
It wasn't the combined length of the radiators I was concerned with, but the tooling space.
What I see happening: The 240mm fits, but as you are in the middle of fitting the 120mm...
You find that you can get it in there, but the last 2 screws can't be secured because they've extended just past the edge of the tooling space - thus it has a little hang on it.

I do not have the chassis, unfortunately.

Reactions: toxin9

toxin9

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015
It's not as bad as you think it is. It really isn't.
H500P Mesh here.
1080Ti + Kraken G12 + Celsius S36, all as front intake. Nothing's running toasty.

It wasn't the combined length of the radiators I was concerned with, but the tooling space.
What I see happening: The 240mm fits, but as you are in the middle of fitting the 120mm...
You find that you can get it in there, but the last 2 screws can't be secured because they've extended just past the edge of the tooling space - thus it has a little hang on it.

I do not have the chassis, unfortunately.
Good to know, thanks.