[SOLVED] Radiator squirted

Jan 17, 2020
Hi, I'm using water cooling by Antec K240 RGB, I tried to change the radiator fans with Bionix F12, when I connected everything together and pushed the start button the radiator kind of poped and something like steam sprayed out of the radiator where the pipes are.
I immediately turned it off and changed back to the stock fans and it works fine. I've checked the temps on idle its around 37-41 Celsius. I launched Call Of Duty and the temperature is suspiciously low around 58-62 Celsius, when its usually around the 77. PC is running for a while now and i haven't seen any leaks.
I don't know if i should worry? but I'm not gonna do this sort of thing again.

Jan 17, 2020
If everything still works and the liquid is dry....I think you are probably OK....but I don't understand how changing the fans could cause steam to spray out and changing them back fixes it.
Hi thanks for answering, the radiator squirted and right away I pulled out the plug out of panic haha. I'm not sure if the radiator would kept going if I'd still let it run

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Hi thanks for answering, the radiator squirted and right away I pulled out the plug out of panic haha. I'm not sure if the radiator would kept going if I'd still let it run
IMO, if you still have that rad under warranty (if there is such thing) you are better off returning it for another, as that might happen again without you noticing and making it a miss.

Reactions: RodroX

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Can there be possibly a leakage?

when a drop of water runs into the running fan, it will spread all over the place.

something like steam sprayed out of the radiator where the pipes are.
pipes meaning the waterpipes connecting to the radiator or from within the radiator itself?

I don't understand how changing the fans could cause steam to spray out and changing them back fixes it.

Fully agree, I don't think its connected to the Fans. Except for if you applied force to the Radiator.

Jan 17, 2020
Can there be possibly a leakage?

when a drop of water runs into the running fan, it will spread all over the place.

pipes meaning the waterpipes connecting to the radiator or from within the radiator itself?
Looked like it was from the connection point between the radiator and the pipes.

Reactions: Herr B

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
  1. You have a proven leak at a weak point.
  2. You have a proven leak at a weak point.
  3. You have a proven leak at a weak point.

Murphys Law states that if something can happen, sooner or later it will happen. If in doubt, see #1. If that doesn't sound right, or you are sure it's fine, see #2. If you totally think #1 and #2 are bogus, see #3.

RMA the cooler. You saw the leak this time, you may not see it next time.