Radiators locations

vagy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Hi,

I have the Thermaltake 6000SWA case, the one without the built in water cooling.

In case i decide to water cool it, do you think it is possible to split to two radiator, one radiator on top(replacing the black plastic area), and another double radiator at the bottom, with fans that will push the hot air out from the bottom? For some reason the web site shows that from the bottom it should take air instead.

Will those 3 radiators be enough for 4870X2 E8600 and NB? I am planing to overclock them as much as possible.

Thanks,
Yaron

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I don't recommend putting the Rad at the bottom, as it's a PITA to bleed/fill. I'd put it on the back of the case, as high as possible (makes bleeding the lines easier).

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Bottom is fine, bit harder to bleed. And yes, most rads always suck in cool air, lower air temps to rads for lower temps.

And umm, you'll need 120x3 surface area to keep all of that cool, possibly 120x4 surface area. Two 120x2 rads would do nicely.

As long as you have a top quality pump you'll be fine.

vagy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Thanks for the answers.
I don't see how i have place for 4 unless i put them outside the case.
If i use something like Swiftech "MCB-120™Revision 2 "Radbox" radiator/fan housing" can i somehow connect to it a triple radiator?

Also should 3/8 fittings on all 3 water blocks be good enough?

brendin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
if ur gonna watercool do it proper or ur just trowing ur money away so:
dont even think about 3/8 only 1/2 tubing
get a MCP-655 pump
120x3 will work but not a good idea u should do at least 120x4
if you dont have room for more than 120x3 and dont want to mount on the outside you could either get a thermochill rad (their x2 performs like a DD or swiftech x3) or get out the jig saw and make some custom holes,
i did option #2 and put my x2 rad in the top drive bays blowing out, and i plan to get an other x2 for the bottom (cut more custom holes) which will stir the air under my video card which is a big bonus

brendin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
i looked at the Tt website and i realise a jigsaw isnt an option,
im not sure if its posible to put a x3 rad on the bottom if u can do it of u cant put a x2
if u can fit a x3 on the bottom u only need 1 additional rad (single) then u can chose were u want it, if not then 2, one on the top and one on the back

vagy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
If i want to put the pump and reservoir at the bottom, i will probably have place for only 2 rads at the bottom, then i can put another one on top and another one outside in front of the back fan. I think this will work.

Thanks a million for the help.

Yaron

brendin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
sounds like ur gonna have a nice system when ur finished
good luck
btw if u get 7/16 tubing u dont need clamps (thats wut im doing and i am sure they will never come off), it looks better + u dont need to buy clamps