RadioShack Launches Its Contract-Free Wireless Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
The article is somewhat misleading as it does not identify who really owns the wireless backbone. If you research Cricket Communications you will find out this is just another Sprint offering. As a result, if you are in an area that cannot access the Sprint towers this service will not work...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i really hope they dont remove virgin mobile(another sprint branch) from their store. after all, who in their right mind would choose this radioshack thing over virgin mobiles $35 unlimited 3g/4g data plan (throttled at 2.5gb). i dont understand what sprint is doing here by teaming up with radioshack and having sprint and 2 other contractless providers in the same store...

*all this is assuming what punahou1 said is correct

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Android phone on Sprint. Nothing much new, even though the $25/mo price is notable.

Virgin Mobile (despite the name) has an unlimited plan for $35/mo, and Cricket has an unlimited talk plan for $35/mo as well. So, they'll have to stay competitive. There's also not-very-known T-mobile and AT&T prepaid plans

4745454b

Titan
Because AT&T's prepaid plan is a joke. $50 a month for unlimited phone and text, NO data plan. That would be another $25 for 1GB. $75 a month for a GB and unlimited phone/txt? Thanks for the savings AT&T.

G

Just another BS cellphone plan. Who cares about talk and text? I care about Data, and it's capped at 1gb, then 2.5gb's for $60.00? Jesus... Just include everything as "Data" (ie roll voice text and data into one) and charge either a basic 2gb-3gb plan for $25, or an unlimited, no caps plan for like $35 a month! We are SOOOO far behind the rest of the world here in the US when it comes to technology like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.