[SOLVED] Rage 2 ryzen 1800x runs terrible

jay781

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
Hi guys recently I tried to play rage 2 on my pc some reason it's runs like crap especially stutters when driving and in general when moving around my specs are ryzen 1800x 16gb of corsair lpx ram 2x 8gb gpu is asus 1070 gtx rog. motherboard is asus b350f strix rog power supply is xfx 650w. Has anyone else had this problem when playing rage?.

Lutfij

Titan
XFX is the brand, while 650W is the wattage. How old is the PSU and what is it's model? As for your motherboard, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? While in BIOS(if you're there to check BISO version), it's also a good idea to see what the ram settings are. Speaking of ram, what are the specs to said ram kit? When in the OS, check and see what OS version you're on. Ideally you should be on version 21H1.

As for your GPU, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support page and have it stored on your desktop or another drive. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually install said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lastly, where did you source the game from?

Lutfij

Titan
XFX is the brand, while 650W is the wattage. How old is the PSU and what is it's model? As for your motherboard, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? While in BIOS(if you're there to check BISO version), it's also a good idea to see what the ram settings are. Speaking of ram, what are the specs to said ram kit? When in the OS, check and see what OS version you're on. Ideally you should be on version 21H1.

As for your GPU, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support page and have it stored on your desktop or another drive. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually install said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lastly, where did you source the game from?

ASK THE COMMUNITY