Question RAID 0 Failure - Should I buy new drives?

RyanTScott

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Started working this morning to find my projects drive (a 4xSSD RAID 0) had failed. I have backups. I ran a Short Self Test on each drive with GSmart Control and each drive completed the test without errors. My question is should I go ahead and replace these drives with newer drives? Also are there any other tests I should perform on the drives?

Mar 19, 2019
Tangling with the drives can be mildly risky if you ask me. I've had situations with my RAID 0 recovery. Really I should not have been messing around with my machine components. RAID 0 data recovery is hard, even impossible sometimes, to do. That's why I'm here for a helpful tip in case you need your data recovery for RAID 0. I got to know all these recovery tips here:https://www.diskinternals.com/raid-recovery/raid-0-recovery/. I hope it won't come down to it, but hey, there is no hard in just providing with some help.

RAID 0 is something some folks get away with for 'x' amount of time, and..... others do not.

It (RAID) certainly complicates both restore and recovery efforts...

If your MB supports it, recommend at least going to RAID 5, where the loss (or glitch) of one drive will not have you in a 'lost all data' mode.....

From a speed perspectivem best to simply get a MB with an M.2 NVME slot, and get one of Intel's dirt cheap 660P drives, which will equal the speed of 3-4 spinning drives in RAID 0 or RAID5 anyway.