[SOLVED] Raid 0 NVME Stopped Booting After Plugging an HDD

Deme_77

Honorable
Jun 30, 2017
A week ago i bought a Samsumg 970 Evo Plus 250gb. I did a Raid 0 with another Samsung 970 Evo Plus of 250gb too, the same drive, in the bios of a gigabyte with the intel rapid storage tool and installed Windows 10 pro on them.All working flawlessly for a week, i wasnt specting much of a speed upgrade but i reached like 3300mbs so it was okey. I have 2 ssds in raid 0 too for games, one 120gb ssd and 2 hdds of 1tb an a 3tb one for films aswell.

Okey, long story short , two hours ago i installed a hdd of 2,5" via sata, because before it was external but it was doing some beeping via USB. I plugged the data and power sata, powered on the pc and boom. It doesnt boot. Not the HDD, the actual Raid that i have, where i have windows 10 installed since a week ago, that stopped working, 0 sense.

The first thing that i thought was that probably the drive had some kind of windows installation on it and the bios was triying to boot from there instead of the NVME raid but.. no.

The nvme raid dissapeared from booteable devices, it appears on the raid intel tool as booteable but... Nothing

And this keeps getting strange, i installed windows in the small ssd, because i wanted to acess the raid for saving some university documents and... It worked.

Windows was detecting the nvme raid wihout any problem, as a local drive, with all the folders...

So.. why the *uck cant i boot? I tried everything, i didnt change anything and the drives are still in raid 0 with acess to all the files. But the bios doesnt want to detect it as a booteable device since i pluged and external hdd with some fotos via sata?

Now i have disconected ALL the drives except for the two nvme and the ssd with windows installed.

Last edited:
Solution
A week ago i bought a Samsumg 970 Evo Plus 250gb. I did a Raid 0 with another Samsung 970 Evo Plus of 250gb too, the same drive, in the bios of a gigabyte with the intel rapid storage tool and installed Windows 10 pro on them.All working flawlessly for a week, i wasnt specting much of a speed upgrade but i reached like 3300mbs so it was okey.
That sounds like a teeny bit of decrease, not increase.

From Samsung:
NfXpReK.png

USAFRet

Titan
A week ago i bought a Samsumg 970 Evo Plus 250gb. I did a Raid 0 with another Samsung 970 Evo Plus of 250gb too, the same drive, in the bios of a gigabyte with the intel rapid storage tool and installed Windows 10 pro on them.All working flawlessly for a week, i wasnt specting much of a speed upgrade but i reached like 3300mbs so it was okey.
That sounds like a teeny bit of decrease, not increase.

From Samsung:
NfXpReK.png

Solution