Hi all. I have A P4P800-SE ASUS MB, with 2 6Y160M0 SATA HDD configured in
RAID 0, with WinXP/PRO SP2.
Its happen that sometimes CHKDISK starts automatically correcting a lot of
errors and after all is ok.
I think that this is not normal.
Any advice ?

Tnx

"Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in

> Hi all. I have A P4P800-SE ASUS MB, with 2 6Y160M0 SATA HDD
> configured in RAID 0, with WinXP/PRO SP2.
> Its happen that sometimes CHKDISK starts automatically correcting a
> lot of errors and after all is ok.
> I think that this is not normal.
> Any advice ?
>
> Tnx

Your HDD may be failing

"Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message
> Hi all. I have A P4P800-SE ASUS MB, with 2 6Y160M0 SATA HDD configured in
> RAID 0, with WinXP/PRO SP2.
> Its happen that sometimes CHKDISK starts automatically correcting a lot of
> errors and after all is ok.
> I think that this is not normal.
> Any advice ?

Make sure you have a good backup.

Kerry

Either one of the drives is going south or the BIOS/RAID controller may need
an update.

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman