Question raid 0 speed issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 15, 2022
hello, i have two 3tb disks in raid 0 (so win sees it as 6gb disk), its seagate 7200rpm with 200mb/s read/writes and wd 5200rpm with 150mb/s read/writes, what i understand the raid 0 should have read/write speeds of the two disks combined so in my case 350mb/s, but im getting the speeds only of that slower wd disk 150mb/s, anyone know why and how to fix it? i tested it by copying big files from and to my nvme 6000mb/s (all the speeds are confirmed by crystaldiskmark benchmark ), thank you

Last edited:
May 15, 2022
Why is 2 drive letters a major problem?
those 4tb are offline games installers, my archive im building for years, i want to have them in one folder so i can sort them by name or date and see what versions i have, if there are no duplicates and generaly scrolling over the single list picking the game im gona install and re-play etc.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You're building a RAID, adding complexity, data loss, etc. because...you can't decide what game you want to install to play if you see two directories on the screen?

But assuming this bizarre scenario is actually on the level, if you want a database for your game information, then actually make a database. Or at least a spreadsheet. Database-by-folder-sorting-using-janky-file-system is...unique.

Reactions: Corwin65