raid 0 system crashed

dnoishere

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
...so I got the 000074 error (Bad System Config Info) and now my comp no longer has a operating system on it. Do I need to redo a raid to access the data on the discs or can I just install another hard drive & OS and obtain it?
Thanks.
Windows 7 Ult.

Solution
Yes the RAID should have booted up just fine. This means your problem is likely software related. if you have a 3rd HDD lying around i'd install windows to that, plug in proper RAID drivers and see if it can't recognize the RAID. What RAID controller are you using?
Yes the RAID should have booted up just fine. This means your problem is likely software related. if you have a 3rd HDD lying around i'd install windows to that, plug in proper RAID drivers and see if it can't recognize the RAID. What RAID controller are you using?

Solution

dnoishere

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
There is no boot up. Cannot even get to bios, etc.... Now only says "no operating system" or "missing operating system" when turned on.
Not sure on controller but ATI SB7xx/SB8xx RAID Driver is the driver file I had to download...
Motherboard is MSI 970A-G46.
I was thinking about the extra drive install because I do have one...

even with no drives you can boot into the bios. you best bet it to reset your motherboard via jumper or push button and see if you can get into the bios then. Now there is usually a direct button that will automatically boot you into the bios once pushed.

as far as returning it to raid that is up to you. if you do I would get the WD reds made for raid.

dnoishere

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
...I mean when I install the new drive will I have to set it up as a raid to retrieve the data from the other drives? Or can I just install the new OS on the new drive and then be able to read the data from the old raid drives??