RAID 0 with B75-D3H

Positive

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Because my Seagate Barracuda (500GB-7200RPM) has run out of space, I was considering buying an identical one and run them in RAID 0 instead of using them as individual drives.
But I couldn't find any info on my M/B (B75-D3H) whether it supports RAID or not, and if it doesn't, is there a cheap RAID solution?
Thanks.

(P.S. I use an SanDisk SSD as primary -OS- disk in the SATA III port, so I will be using 2xSATA II ports to connect the drives)

Solution
Yea you can do a software RAID then. If you install both drives you need to go to disk management, make sure both drives have no parititions on them, then right click on one and make new stripped volume. It should ask for the other drive, will want to convert them to dynamic drives, and then make your RAID 0. Just remember if anything happens to one drive ALL data is lost SO HAVE A BACKUP if you will be storing important data!
If you have a Pro version of Windows you could do a software RAID or you can buy a cheap Add-in RAID card, which after spending a few minutes looking for I find there aren't too many cheap reliable RAID cards anymore. Maybe find some used stuff on Ebay maybe)

That motherboard has no onboard RAID.

Yea you can do a software RAID then. If you install both drives you need to go to disk management, make sure both drives have no parititions on them, then right click on one and make new stripped volume. It should ask for the other drive, will want to convert them to dynamic drives, and then make your RAID 0. Just remember if anything happens to one drive ALL data is lost SO HAVE A BACKUP if you will be storing important data!

Solution